Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Reviews (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   KSpeed (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9038)

bigrobwoot 2010-10-01 12:25 AM

KSpeed

I'm sure most of you already know about their great service, but I thought I'd reiterate it here :)

Wednesday morning, I woke up to a flat tire. Since I bent the f out of my wheel a couple years ago, it has had a problem holding air on occasion with these new Continentals I bought last year. So, I finally took it to Cory to see if he could do anything. He dismounted and remounted it (twice) to see if that would help, which it did, for almost 24 hours :lol: The good news is, he only charged me for a flat repair, $15.

Thursday around noon, after going to lunch, I noticed the tire was low again, so I filled it up and drove to my friend's house, where we were doing homework. I called Tire Rack, because I was tired of dealing with that piece of s wheel. Luckily, the wheels I have been drooling over for the last year or so are not only on clearance for $129 per wheel ($60 off :cool:), but they were in stock in Reno. So I drove out to Tire Rack, picked up my wheels, and drove to KSpeed.

Cory got right to mounting my old tires on my new wheels, and I couldn't be happier. Only $60 for the mount and balance, and I even got to watch.

100_Percent_Juice 2010-10-01 06:57 AM

Pics of new wheels naow!

GusGus91 2010-10-01 07:58 AM

^ This

rory_a 2010-10-01 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GusGus91 (Post 152325)
^ This

(on another note, they have their hands on my wagon right now.... stage 2 woot!)

JoeWRX 2010-10-01 12:52 PM

I've been meaning to add my +1 to Kspeed for a while now. Both Matt and Cory have done great work on my car on multiple occasions in the past few months. Cory has installed a bunch of parts for me and my car is running great on a tune from Matt. Thanks again guys :banana:

Oh, and pics of new wheels MEOW!

bigrobwoot 2010-10-01 05:16 PM

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...t/cb0590cb.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...t/770bd5ed.jpg

I just checked this thread, so it's too late for any actual pics. If I remember I'll take some tomorrow. Hopefully after I wash the thing

I can't decide if I want the inserts or not. They're out right now. I'm leaning towards keeping them out.

Edit: best I can do for now. Dirty car and iPhone pic.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...t/9a153bde.jpg

100_Percent_Juice 2010-10-01 07:45 PM

I approve this message.

bigrobwoot 2010-10-01 09:52 PM

The chick that was in the garage when Cory was putting them on the car wasn't a fan. I wish the gray was a bit darker like my last wheels, but when it's a difference of $60/wheel, I'll settle.

rory_a 2010-10-05 10:02 AM

Gotta say I'm super happy with my mild Stage 2 tune so far. +1 for KSpeed!

bigrobwoot 2010-10-29 03:13 PM

Just got my NA tune on Tuesday. Lovin' it. I wasn't expecting much out of an NA tune, but I do feel more power everywhere, and the car "feels" happier. It runs better, and I have cruise control back!! :lol: Matt definitely put in extra time and effort on my tune, so thanks for that, also.

rory_a 2011-01-13 05:05 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for the new car KSpeed!

I got home on Tuesday and said "Jenn I got a new car!" "What?" "Check it out - looks the same as the old WRX, but a million times better!"

Seriously, not sure if the new plugs and tune up have anything to do with it, but I have to say - that tune is frickin fantastic. Drivability better than any car I've ever driven, with plenty of power all the way through the revs. That night there was a VERY SLIGHT hint of the previous power surging that I'm going to attribute to the still-learning ECU after reset. Honestly, the tune seems to be spot on. Sure, I'd probably love the power from a VF39/43/16g-XT swap, but I doubt I could be much happier with this set up. Fricking spot-on.

Oh, she stops like a champ now too - the stainless lines and fresh fluid definitely changed the woah characteristics to match the go - got to test that today when I got run off the road by a semi.

Thanks guys. Good shit.

03wrxwagon 2011-01-17 12:28 AM

do the 16g

Kevin M 2011-01-17 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03wrxwagon (Post 154506)
do the BW EFR 8374

Fixed! :cool:

100_Percent_Juice 2011-01-17 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin M (Post 154507)
Fixed! :cool:

Where are the prices for that line of turbo?

Kevin M 2011-01-17 10:09 AM

I've seen pricing posted on maperformance.com. They're actually quite reasonable given how much win and awesome these things have.

JonnydaJibba 2011-01-25 11:31 AM

Hey Rob, I've seen your car a few times and never knew you were on here. High five for Kspeed, I need to get my car from there tonight.

rory_a 2011-01-27 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin M (Post 154512)
I've seen pricing posted on maperformance.com. They're actually quite reasonable given how much win and awesome these things have.

The 16g-xt seems to be under a grand, and is the only turbo I've seen any info about so that's why it was what I was looking at.

Figuring it'll be a while before I look into something like that though, and by the time I do, I might be looking at an STI instead :devil:

GusGus91 2011-03-03 11:27 AM

I need my fenders rolled. I forgot, how much did you guy's charge for all 4 corners?

WRX06TR 2011-03-11 06:27 PM

I probably should have started this thread, but KSpeed rocks!! They have helped me out with so much extra stuff besides rebuilding my motor.

After rebuilding my motor I have had some strange things occur with my car, due to its mileage and my bad luck. Matt and Cory have always been available to help me diagnose and fix problems. Huge thumbs up to KSpeed..I'd be screwed without the shop being so close and accessible.

Thanks again guys!

KSpeed Auto 2011-03-11 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GusGus91 (Post 155299)
I need my fenders rolled. I forgot, how much did you guy's charge for all 4 corners?

$150

MikeK 2011-03-12 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRX06TR (Post 155368)
I probably should have started this thread, but KSpeed rocks!! They have helped me out with so much extra stuff besides rebuilding my motor.

After rebuilding my motor I have had some strange things occur with my car, due to its mileage and my bad luck. Matt and Cory have always been available to help me diagnose and fix problems. Huge thumbs up to KSpeed..I'd be screwed without the shop being so close and accessible.

Thanks again guys!

Fast food under the carpet? :)

WRX06TR 2011-03-12 12:30 PM

:lol: Naw, if I remember correctly Pete took care of that long before I got the car.

The car was consuming oil, which we discovered was a leaking dipstick (hilarious I know). Yesterday it was running strangely and Cory and Matt found out it was a boost leak around the 4th cylinder fuel rail o-ring.

sperry 2011-03-12 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRX06TR (Post 155375)
:lol: Naw, if I remember correctly Pete took care of that long before I got the car.

The car was consuming oil, which we discovered was a leaking dipstick (hilarious I know). Yesterday it was running strangely and Cory and Matt found out it was a boost leak around the 4th cylinder fuel rail o-ring.

My dipstick was leaking from both ends on the SVX until I resealed the motor including the dipstick o-rings. Yeah, you heard me... leaking from both ends. :huh:

MattR 2011-03-13 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry (Post 155376)
My dipstick was leaking from both ends on the SVX until I resealed the motor including the dipstick o-rings. Yeah, you heard me... leaking from both ends. :huh:

I think this is like the 5th time you've referenced leaking from both ends in a thread on this board...quite a benchmark you've established! :cool:

cody 2011-03-15 02:40 PM

Ew.