Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   User Classifieds (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   WTB: 16" WRX wheel...or? (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9298)

cody 2011-03-15 07:46 PM

WTB: 16" WRX wheel...or?

2 Attachment(s)
So I've had a slow leak in one tire for a while so I brought it back to Mr. Hubcap since they said they'd repair it for free. The first time I went they couldn't find a problem so they set the pressure at 38PSI and said to monitor it and bring it back if it leaks again. So I brought it back today cuz it was still leaking and they dismounted the tire and quickly found the problem. I have a big crack in my rim! Apparently I hit a pothole or something at some point I guess.

They threw my tire on a spare Suby wheel they had lying around and sent me on my way, no charge. They said I could borrow it as long as I wanted. :cool:

But my car looks kinda silly with one wheel that doesn't match in style or color. My stock wheels are powdercoated black. Anyone got a spare MY 02 / 03 16" WRX wheel or some other solution for me?

cody 2011-03-15 08:07 PM

I see a couple used ones on eBay for ~$110 shipped. Guess I could check the Pick 'n Pull and D&D. Nothing on Craigslist locally. Guess I'll check I-Club.

khail19 2011-03-15 08:47 PM

I have a single 5 spoke RS wheel, but it's 16x7 and doesn't really match your wheels either. It's also polished (shiny), but if for some reason you need to borrow it just let me know.

cody 2011-03-16 07:54 AM

Thanks, Khail, I appreciate it.

Anyone know what wheel it is (silver one in the pic in OP)? Is it off an older LGT or something? I wouldn't mind rocking 4 of those if I could find 3 more. The guy at Mr. Hubcap said I could buy the loaner for $100.

I also have a guy on ebay willing to send me a stocker (like my 3 black ones) for $100 but we'll see if he sends pics. I don't want a rim that's been curbed or has issues obviously.

Edit: Just got an email reply from the eBay guy.

Quote:

these are all tested for cracks and bends
minor curbs that can't be noticed from 5 feet away
if minor curbs bother you, i have one without and curbs, $109.94 [shipped]
thnks,
frank

I guess I'll just grab that one if I don't find any other solution.

rory_a 2011-03-16 08:27 AM

Your loaner meshie is of a late 90s - early 00s LGT. Might be easier to find three of those in good condition that one WRX stocker.

Definitely suckie though.

Someone's gotta have some WRX 16s cheap, no?

cody 2011-03-16 10:02 AM

People definitely sell WRX 16's all the time...just nothing local ATM.

A1337STI 2011-03-17 02:07 PM

I have 4 , 02-05 WRX 16" Rims rattle canned black with worn out tires on them...

I wasn't looking to sell these at all, as they will make cool daily driving rims, but we could probably work something out ... I think MR hubcap has a set of legacy 15's they were gonna sell me for a good price that i want to use for rally.. i could just use my crappy 15" steelies for daily driving i suppose ...

Think i either paid $100 or $150 for my WRX 16s ... hmmf i think can dig through my text messages and figure out what i paid for them

cody 2011-03-17 02:16 PM

Hey Alex. That would be sweet if you could sell me one of those 4 rims. I'd be stoked to get a straight one for $75.

Dean 2011-03-17 04:38 PM

Enkie 17s!!! $200

http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/2270945588.html

sperry 2011-03-17 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 155483)

I wonder if he'd trade the wheels for spelling lessons?

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigslist
much leighter then stock. were alot more expencive new. we dont have the car anymore so we really dont need these rims. call me (Cody) for any questions or of corse e-mail me thanks

I fear what the internet is doing to our culture. n 40 yrs it wil be acptabl 2 rite lk dis i bet. Newspeak is here, folks. Trim the common language enough, it becomes impossible to think any thoughts they don't want you to think. :unamused:

/threadjack

cody 2011-03-17 06:05 PM

Why would I want to buy the rims I'm selling on CL? Or maybe I'm not selling the rims and the guy who is just wants me to call him? /joking

Thanks Dean, that looks like a good deal. However, I definitely want to stick with 16's for my Winters.

@Sperry: You've seen Idiocracy. I consider that inevitable reality.