View Single Post
Old 2007-07-09, 12:17 PM   #934
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPREZIV View Post
Ouch... I've eaten shit on a ski before, and can say water HURTS at that speed! You're prob right Dean, if they just pinned it when they landed, it would have *likely* ended much better. I'm sure the stopped impeller just caught a bunch of water when they hit, and brought the ski to an amazing stop, throwing them
Yeah, it does. I have a all but race prepped Sea-Doo XP that has thrown me more than once. One of the first things I learned is when in trouble, keep the throttle down and hang on. More often than not, the ski will pull you through, kinda like AWD.

They made a big hole in the water when they landed and without pushing that water slamming into the pump out the back to keep the hull planing as well as you say it acting like a big ass emergency brake, they were going to eat the bars.

If they had landed banging off the rev limiter, that pump would have been running at over 100% in a fraction of a second, before they even finished vertically displacing water. Assuming they weren't ready for it, it probably would have dumped them off the back, but much softer than over the front. through the bars and each other. I bet whoever was in front broke some ribs...