View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 03:38 PM   #8
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

You should, Its super fun. it's also dangerous (as in you could die) .. but you have to die someday right?

seriously if you can drive with in your own limits, and not get fixated on a certain time, a certain place in the standings, or beating so and so.. And you take it deadly serious , It can be reasonably safe.

the driver who died in 2010 was heard saying that he was going to make a hail marry pass, attempt at the highest straight away speed.

on the other hand i had over a dozen runs all with in a few tenths of each other, and with in a few tenths of my best time. I reached the point where i was at the limit of my comfort (not the limit of my car) so i stopped pushing further at said point. I didn't break into the 341 club, but i'm still around to try it again !

I also had my crew chief go over my car with a fine toothed comb to make sure it was safe. I ended up buying new tires, pads, and rotors (rotors were barely worn) but he said get new ones.. he also took a few rides with me up the hill, as did a co-worker and an other friend. obviously i didn't push quite as hard with a passenger in the car...

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote