View Single Post
Old 2004-07-20, 05:18 PM   #17
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Car: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Light flywheels and stiffer clutches are harder to drive. Not saying it's impossible, but come snowfall time I'd really rather have the 30 pound flywheel back to aid those second and third gear starts. That's the only real downside, other than the $1000 that doesn't get you anywhere any faster, and makes the rock crawling stuff a lot harder. I just don't see it as a good mod for a daily driver, unless it's also a track car or serious autocross tool, like my RS. Other than my spring rates, my car makes more compromises on the street than at the track. I figured Scott wants his car the other way around. That's why I didn't mention springs, strut tops, bushings besides steeering rack, strut braces, harnesses, steel brakelines, etc. etc.

And how is being prettier better than being faster?
Bah only if you suck at driving. I drove in snow with no problems and have never had to start in 2nd gear. An AWD car with snow tires won't ever problems starting in the snow on a hill if you can drive well. An Exedy clutch is barely stiffer than stock if any. Springs and top mounts will stiffen a car but the Impreza is soft from the factory IMHO. You can have a sitffer ride without it being uncomfortable.

Prettier gets more ladies. Girlies > cars

The airbag in the seats isn't a problem. It's not like it might go off at worst it's dead wieght. The color of course might be, especially with the blue in WRX seats.