View Single Post
Old 2004-07-20, 08:33 PM   #19
sybir
The Don

Car: '97 Legacy / '05 FXT
Class: low

WRX seats dropped into my Legacy, and are a direct drop into the earlier Imprezas as well. I love them and they're a great upgrade from base Subaru seats.

Just wanted to make a couple other notes.

If you want alloys, and want to keep taller tires, get some Legacy Outback takeoff 15" alloys. They'll be 15x6, and they clear RS brakes (the stock units that came on Kevin's and JC's cars) so you can upgrade to discs at the rear and bigger discs in fornt with no clearance problems.

If you want a stiffer suspension that raises the car cheaply, check into a Legacy OB suspension. It will raise your car over an inch (possibly more) and will be far stiffer than stock L items. If I can find my stock struts, springs, and topmounts off my OB, you're welcome to them. Basically, they're off a bigger, heavier car that was raised from the factory, and they may just require different rear top mounts to work on your car.

Ground Controls are a really nice option, but aftermarket struts and a GC setup will pretty much kill your $1k budget all by themselves. I'm running WRX struts and GC's on my car, but it's lowered, so I'm not sure how well WRX struts would work if you were trying to raise the car.

You'll need to go to an RS bumper (the one with the big fogs) in order to run the 500's Sperry is talking about in the bumper itself, thoughyou can always fab a lightbar to hold as many lights as you want. Our local shop down here in Sac doe s alot of custom fab work, including brush gurads and light bars, if you'd like; the Reno guys can give you more info about S-Squared if you're interested, or contact the shop (closed until 7/27) at http://www.ss-ms.com

Hope I haven't added too much confusion, but it's always great to have new people in the club, and Legacy ownership is a big plus in my book