Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Technical Chat

Technical Chat Ask and answer technical car questions.

Old 2006-03-02, 04:36 PM   #76
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

In my 98' impreza i was getting better gas milage on a higher octane fuel. and it felt peppier . I was not getting enough additional gas milage to make up for the costs. but it definatly seemed to help the car a little bit.
A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 09:59 PM   #77
ScottyS
EJ205

Car: 1998 Impreza Wagon, 1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan, 2003 Nissan Xterra
Class: tvFree

Yes, I'll fix it for you. Again.

At last, some power plant mods!

I know, you're thinking, "What, did Mr. BoneStock go out on a limb and paint his plug wires?"

Almost, but not quite. Actually, I just removed the cumbersome intake snorkel thingie in the fender, and left the airbox stock (I will get a better filter, though). Pretty loud intake at WOT, but that's OK.

Oh, and Khail noticed I was interested in mufflers, and was kind enough to sell me a stock WRX axle-back muffler that had already been modded to fit an RS. We figured that the sound would go unchanged (stock WRXs are pretty quiet), and that I would gain some flow as well as cool twintips on the L wagon. I did have to do some drilling on the new pipe to get the bolts to line up, as the L flanges are a bit small, but that didn't take too long.

Results are waaay better than hoped for, because the exhaust actually makes a sound now, and sounds perfect --- deep and a bit stealthy, but definitely more than stock. No idea why, unless it's that restricted header+cats+midpipe finally being released to something more. Sweet!

I did what I figured was a CPU reset (battery harness disconnected for 10min, stepped on the brake a few times) after removing the snorkel apparatus, so somebody correct me if it takes more than that.
Old 2006-09-09, 10:47 PM   #78
khail19
EJ205

Car: 2016 VW GTI

Meets? We have meets?

Glad you like it! Thanks for helping me get something out of the garage. I'm pretty sure that's all you need to do for a CPU reset.
khail19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 08:06 AM   #79
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Car: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R

We call them ECUs when they are in a car and yes a reset is all you need to do. Congrats on the new mods.