Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   May Mod Day!!!! (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3127)

bruspeed 2005-05-11 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOO
about 30 dollars for both which is very cheap.. but should I invest? or keep the old ones? any suggestions ??

I'm no expert on the longevity of the mitsu gaskets, but, there is a chance they are crush gaskets, in which case they need to be changed, either way I think it is a small price to pay for piece of mind. :~:

cody 2005-05-11 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruspeed
I'm no expert on the longevity of the mitsu gaskets, but, there is a chance they are crush gaskets, in which case they need to be changed, either way I think it is a small price to pay for piece of mind. :~:

Yah, worst case scenario, you don't use them and you can return them, right?

AtomicLabMonkey 2005-05-11 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOO
I just stopped off at mitsubishi and they said there are two gaskets one that is FLAT which is the one that is closest to the CAT, and a RING type of gasket

Plan to have a new gasket for any gasket sealed joint that you're going to take apart. Even if the joint uses a "re-useable" material like silicone or nitrile, there's always a chance it could be damaged and then you're screwed if you don't have a replacement and your parts source isn't open.

Kevin M 2005-05-11 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOO
I just stopped off at mitsubishi and they said there are two gaskets one that is FLAT which is the one that is closest to the CAT, and a RING type of gasket(Goes between the Turbo and DownPipe). about 30 dollars for both which is very cheap.. but should I invest? or keep the old ones? any suggestions ??

Sorry, I thought the downpipe was for your WRX- my mistake. Does this downpipe replace the O2 sensor housing (the cast iron bit) or does it start below that?

MikeSTI 2005-05-11 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOO
I just stopped off at mitsubishi and they said there are two gaskets one that is FLAT which is the one that is closest to the CAT, and a RING type of gasket(Goes between the Turbo and DownPipe). about 30 dollars for both which is very cheap.. but should I invest? or keep the old ones? any suggestions ??

The one that will be most important would be the one that goes between the Turbo and Down Pipe (dont want to remove that peice twice). I say this because this is the point that is subject to the most heat. That and the fact that the other gasket is much easier to change if it is damaged ;) . But for 30 bucks I think its best to just get both and as was said you could always take one or both back if we dont use it. Really you dont want to get the pipe off then find that its damaged then have to run to the dealership for a replacement :(

BOO 2005-05-11 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Sorry, I thought the downpipe was for your WRX- my mistake. Does this downpipe replace the O2 sensor housing (the cast iron bit) or does it start below that?

No worries ..

as for your question.. I am sorry I cant be of any help there .. I really dont know .. (EvoMike) would know since he had it on his evo....
I will have to ask him.. Thanks everyone for your input.. I will go and order them since they are not in stock ..

BOO 2005-05-11 01:59 PM

ok now with that being said, is it wise to get a Walbro 255 lph pump or should I stay with the stock? I am thinking of doing more mods like cams/gears maybe more.. I know I maybe asking too many questions that do not pertain to Suby's but I figure you guys are experts on bolt-ons...
Ps: I want to stay with the stock turbo but want a MBC to even it out through the power band
Thanks

Kevin M 2005-05-11 02:40 PM

If it's the type that starts below the O2 housing (hopefully) then you don't need t replace the donut gasket. The one at the downstream end of the downpipe does need to be replaced though.

I'm not sure how necessary a Walbro is on stock fuel and stock turbo. You'd probably be okay, but then again a fuel pump is good insurance. See what the techies on Evom.net think.

As far as I know, an MBC is fine on the Evo, because it doesn't have the PTFB lean condition issues Subaru does.

bruspeed 2005-05-11 03:45 PM

Hey Mike, sould we get the first post updated, with forgotten's springs, reno 911's exhaust, and hopefully my springs and struts? Also if you've fine tuned the date, maybe a start time, stop time and an address? Thanks! :D

Chris.

MikeSTI 2005-05-12 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruspeed
Hey Mike, sould we get the first post updated, with forgotten's springs, reno 911's exhaust, and hopefully my springs and struts? Also if you've fine tuned the date, maybe a start time, stop time and an address? Thanks! :D

Chris.

I will update soon!!!! :lol: busy busy right now :( but yes I plan to update. We can discuss things tonight at the meet also?..........I might have a few things that need moving out that morring as my washer died on me and the new one gets here the 20th. I'm trying to get a 8:00am trash pick-up to remove the crap from the garage so we can have a greater space to work in.

I was thinking of opening the garage by 9:00 am and plan a first come first serve. I'm still thinking of things that might be needed, but if most people bring a few things they know they need then we should be pretty well supplied.

bruspeed 2005-05-12 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSTI
I will update soon!!!! :lol: busy busy right now :( but yes I plan to update. We can discuss things tonight at the meet also?..........I might have a few things that need moving out that morring as my washer died on me and the new one gets here the 20th. I'm trying to get a 8:00am trash pick-up to remove the crap from the garage so we can have a greater space to work in.

I was thinking of opening the garage by 9:00 am and plan a first come first serve. I'm still thinking of things that might be needed, but if most people bring a few things they know they need then we should be pretty well supplied.

Yes we can discuss further tonight. ;)

MattR 2005-05-12 01:16 PM

You guys are shooting for next weekend then? the 21st?

BOO 2005-05-12 01:25 PM

That's the plan of attack Matt ;)

cody 2005-05-18 11:26 AM

I'm still planning on going. You guys don't have any wierd hazing process I should be forwarned about do you? :P

Kevin M 2005-05-18 12:01 PM

Nope, none at all.

But I recommend bringing a change of clothes, a toothbrush, and schedule an appointment with a chiropractor...

bruspeed 2005-05-18 01:03 PM

Quote:

Nope, none at all.

But I recommend bringing a change of clothes, a toothbrush, and schedule an appointment with a chiropractor...

eh, it's not so bad, doctors said I should be back to normal in a few months. :p

cody 2005-05-18 01:11 PM

Well that's reassuring.

MikeK 2005-05-18 01:15 PM

Quote:

Nope, none at all.

But I recommend bringing a change of clothes, a toothbrush, and schedule an appointment with a proctologist...

Fixed

cody 2005-05-18 01:25 PM

:~:

sti deede 2005-05-18 05:59 PM

Sign me up too. I'm to do the Summer Wheel mod. Should be a quick 15 mins.:)

doubleurx 2005-05-18 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sti deede
Sign me up too. I'm to do the Summer Wheel mod. Should be a quick 15 mins.:)

That's what the proctologist said.

LetItRev 2005-05-18 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubleurx
That's what the proctologist said.

Good old "Dr. Jellyfinger."

I can't wait to turn 40!

Kevin M 2005-05-18 11:36 PM

Don't you turn 40 like every 3 weeks Franz?

MikeSTI 2005-05-19 07:25 AM

I will update today!!! really!!! :)

Garage is clean and ready

MikeSTI 2005-05-19 08:36 AM

:bump: :banana: Updated!!!!!

let me know if anything needs to change!! :)