Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2007 World Series (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6343)

Nick Koan 2007-10-24 03:11 PM

2007 World Series

Go Rockies! Good luck tonight!

MikeK 2007-10-24 03:12 PM

They should just stop fucking around, and call it the "universe series"

Nick Koan 2007-10-24 03:13 PM

Well, yeah. It is the collection of the universe's best baseball players.

In this dimension of reality anyway.

doubleurx 2007-10-24 04:11 PM

Go Sox! They're wicked fricken pissa!

MattR 2007-10-24 04:13 PM

I'm hoping the Rockies can win...I just hate the sox. (well, their fans mostly)

MattR 2007-10-24 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR (Post 108558)

No offence Nick, you're wicked cool and all...:D

Nick Koan 2007-10-24 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR (Post 108558)

The Rockies have been my second favorite team since I was little. I really want them to take it.

And I really want them to take it in 4 so I can collect on those 20:1 odds :lol:

badrover 2007-10-25 12:20 AM

Wow....the Rockies got cornholed!

MattR 2007-10-25 06:57 AM

No Kidding, Josh Beckett is a machine.

doubleurx 2007-10-25 08:35 AM

Ya us sox fans are bunch a pricks. That's why they call us Massholes!

Ha Ha (simpson kid voice).

Kevin M 2007-10-25 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR (Post 108593)
No Kidding, Josh Beckett is a machine.

This guy's gonna be doing the Roger Clemens bit in 10 years. "Okay guys, nice playoff run. See you in June!" :lol:

sperry 2007-10-26 09:40 AM

I was a Boston fan for a long time... then they won the series and turned into the Yankees. Massive payroll, bad attitude fans... actually, now that I think about it, I've always hated the Yankees, but never really had a problem with the fans, since they tend to be very knowledgeable, so the Sox are actually worse than the Yankees right now. :lol:

Even still, I couldn't care less about the Rockies, they're still just some dumb expansion team in my eyes (even though I know that's not really the case any longer)... so I'm kinda rooting for the Sox from the closet.

k-dogg39 2007-10-26 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry (Post 108660)
I was a Boston fan for a long time... then they won the series and turned into the Yankees. Massive payroll, bad attitude fans... actually, now that I think about it, I've always hated the Yankees, but never really had a problem with the fans, since they tend to be very knowledgeable, so the Sox are actually worse than the Yankees right now. :lol:

Agreed! Except I was never a Boston fan, and I hope the Rockies win because I work with a bunch of Massholes (and bandwagon jumping idiots), and I am tired of hearing "Lets go Red Sox" every day!

Nick Koan 2007-10-26 10:08 AM

Screw dynasty teams.

It's all about the underdogs. Go rockies!

ScottyS 2007-10-26 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Koan (Post 108561)
The Rockies have been my second favorite team since I was little.

Holy crap, I feel old.

Nick Koan 2007-10-26 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottyS (Post 108666)
Holy crap, I feel old.

Well, not that little. I was a teenager when they first appeared on the scene.

SlickNick112 2007-10-26 10:56 AM

Down 2-0, the Rockies are even bigger underdogs now than ever. I think it's over for the Rockies, they're just happy to be there.

MPREZIV 2007-10-26 11:12 AM

All I have to add to any World Series threads, is the fact that I'm VERY glad I got a chance to see my team win the pennant once in my lifetime... since they only do it about once every hundred years or so.

white sox

eggeegg 2007-10-26 06:47 PM

i don't care as long as they don't show a game over another new simpsons/family guy episode this sunday.

<- baseball disliker goes off to hide and is reminded to find torrent of not shown simpsons/family guy episode from last sunday.

[edit] no new episodes have been skipped and will continue after series is finished. go team.

Dean 2007-10-26 07:38 PM

Baseball is another reason the rest of the world hates the U.S.

There are plenty of other nations that have organized baseball and yet we have the gall to call it the "WORLD" series.

Little league invites everyone to play. Even the competitive "pageant" community recognizes there is more than just the U.S.. Heck, they even recognize the possibility that life forms from other galaxies might want to participate.

To paraphrase a truly great actor and President (Not to be confused with a truly great actor and Governator): 'Mr. Selig, tear down this wall!'

doubleurx 2007-10-26 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by eggeegg (Post 108691)
i don't care as long as they don't show a game over another new simpsons/family guy episode this sunday.

<- baseball disliker goes off to hide and is reminded to find torrent of not shown simpsons/family guy episode from last sunday.

Go sawks! Fricken Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccked!

Kevin M 2007-10-26 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 108692)
Baseball is another reason the rest of the world hates the U.S.

There are plenty of other nations that have organized baseball and yet we have the gall to call it the "WORLD" series.

Little league invites everyone to play. Even the competitive "pageant" community recognizes there is more than just the U.S.. Heck, they even recognize the possibility that life forms from other galaxies might want to participate.

To paraphrase a truly great actor and President (Not to be confused with a truly great actor and Governator): 'Mr. Selig, tear down this wall!'

To be fair, it's been the World Series since we were basically half of the known world.

Dean 2007-10-27 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS (Post 108696)
To be fair, it's been the World Series since we were basically half of the known world.

I was largely kidding and that was really a tongue in check post and don't want to derail this thread, but since you brought it up...

Known to whom? It is that sort of presumptuous elitist intolerant bigoted thinking that causes the distrust, dislike and hate. Just because some asshole in a funny hat with syphilis hasn't sailed his boat into your harbor and shoved a flag in the sand in the name of his deity and leader doesn't mean you don't exist.

You can't claim to have discovered something if there are already members of your own species living there.

And how convenient to think that your religious beliefs that have only been around for a millennium or two supercede those of your own European ancestors as well as the beliefs of indigenous peoples of other lands who also predate your's.

In short... It is baby jebus that is ruining autocross.

Kevin M 2007-10-27 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 108702)
I was largely kidding and that was really a tongue in check post and don't want to derail this thread, but since you brought it up...

Known to whom? It is that sort of presumptuous elitist intolerant bigoted thinking that causes the distrust, dislike and hate. Just because some asshole in a funny hat with syphilis hasn't sailed his boat into your harbor and shoved a flag in the sand in the name of his deity and leader doesn't mean you don't exist.

You can't claim to have discovered something if there are already members of your own species living there.

And how convenient to think that your religious beliefs that have only been around for a millennium or two supercede those of your own European ancestors as well as the beliefs of indigenous peoples of other lands who also predate your's.

In short... It is baby jebus that is ruining autocross.

I was largely kidding and that was really a tongue in check post and don't want to derail this thread.

Nick Koan 2007-10-27 11:19 AM

Okay, can you guys stop putting your tongues in each others cheeks and lets get on with baseball.

Its called the world series because obviously god only cares about white people and christians, and therefore the US can be considered the world.

Also, we let Canadians play sometimes, even if they are maple leaf eating commies.