Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2005 SECCS Hoodies! (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2353)

sperry 2004-11-15 05:42 PM

2005 SECCS Hoodies!

Well, I think the design is about done. Sweaters will be a dark charcoal grey color *only* as other colors mask the colors used in the design.

I assume we'll have M, L, XL, 2XL and possible 3XL depending on demand. I'd like to get a little bit of a higher quality sweater than last time, assuming they don't cost too much more. I'm guessing the hoodies will be between $20 and $30 each.

Please let me know how many you're interested in so we can get a feel for the number we will need to get printed. SECCS has enough money in the coffers from the track day that we should be able to print the sweaters w/o asking for money up front.

Here's the logo, feel free to comment as I'm willing to take suggestions (though I may ignore them :P) for a few days. The long stripes on each side will run the length of the sleeves. The text in the circle is a collection of all the cities that people have listed in their "location" profiles... some are covered up by the cars... if it's your city... too bad! :P

Track day participants will recognize the cars and the mountains from the track day T-Shirt. Since I spent like 20 hours drawing those cars, I figure I'm allowed to get some more use out of them. :lol: For those that don't know, those cars are drawn from a source image we took specifically for the purpose of the T-Shirt design. The RS is BAN SUVS, the STi is MattR's and the WRX is mine (minus about 6 lbs of stickers ;)).

Also, keep in mind, the SECCS logo in the center will be the new logo for any upcoming stickers. It's about 99% the same as the "old" one... just some minor changes to the dimensions and the "www.seccs.org" moved to the center of the logo.

Hopefully we'll be able to send the design off to the printers by the end of the week (or sooner) in order to get the hoodies before Thanksgiving.

Some people have mentioned a SRIC hoodie in conjunction with the SECCS hoodie. I'm totally down with drawing up a SRIC hoodie design if the rest of SRIC likes my work, however I'm not going to combine the two, since the (minimal) profits from the SECCS sweaters go towards webhosting costs, and I'd be uncomfortable using SRIC money for SECCS. Besides, I could use 2 hoodies anyway. :lol:

(click for full size)

Nick Koan 2004-11-15 05:52 PM

I'm game for at least one.

An XL

sybir 2004-11-15 06:40 PM

In for 2 XXL's, and a SRIC one if you decide to draw something up.

I need me some spares ;)

Oh, we noticed Matt (sonicsuby) has the same limited edition sweater as mine...hehe.

sonicsuby 2004-11-15 06:58 PM

I'll take 1 XL and 1 M.

Libila 2004-11-15 07:10 PM

I'll take one medium.

MattR 2004-11-15 07:14 PM

1 XXL FOR ME

And BTW, they are friggin sweet...

doubleurx 2004-11-15 07:21 PM

I'm down for 1 XXL

Nice work, they are gonna look great.

MattR 2004-11-15 07:46 PM

Make RENO, SPARKS and SAC the most visible cities, like along the top...I think that would look cool.

1 sleave stripe might be better, only for the sake of being less busy, but I'm not sure entirely.

Is that San Luis Obispo under K's car? :lol:

sperry 2004-11-15 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR
Make RENO, SPARKS and SAC the most visible cities, like along the top...I think that would look cool.

1 sleave stripe might be better, only for the sake of being less busy, but I'm not sure entirely.

Is that San Luis Obispo under K's car? :lol:

Wait, do you mean, one stripe per sleeve, or only one striped sleeve?

MattR 2004-11-15 07:55 PM

no, I meant only 1 sleave gets a stripe...I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.

skimonkey30 2004-11-15 08:10 PM

I'll take one XL!

Libila 2004-11-15 08:26 PM

Carson is the first city listed on the left :P Nice!

dknv 2004-11-15 08:33 PM

Nice work Scott!
Put me down for 1 XL, 1 M

tysonK 2004-11-15 08:39 PM

1 XL

Is the size of the logo roughly the same as the last hoodie because I'd rather have a much larger logo prinited because mine was hard to read form a distance I thought.

I like the logo a lot I just want a nice and big logo on that front!. :twisted:

Kevin M 2004-11-15 08:45 PM

I'm in for 1 XL. We'll huddle up on Saturday regarding the SRIC hoodies.

Evo Mike 2004-11-15 09:18 PM

wait is the LOGO on the FRONT or on the BACK of the sweatshirt. I'm in for two medium.. sorry i keep changing my mind.

sperry 2004-11-15 09:35 PM

Logo is on the front... putting a logo on the back of a hoodie doesn't work so well, as the hood tends to cover it up.

Logo is approximately 9" wide... it's about the same width as the old logo, but it's twice as tall. I don't think I can make it any bigger, or it won't fit on the smaller sizes.

tysonK 2004-11-15 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
Logo is on the front... putting a logo on the back of a hoodie doesn't work so well, as the hood tends to cover it up.

Logo is approximately 9" wide... it's about the same width as the old logo, but it's twice as tall. I don't think I can make it any bigger, or it won't fit on the smaller sizes.

that's cool!

LuvMySTI 2004-11-15 10:22 PM

I'll take two

1 Large and 1 XL

:)

ScottyS 2004-11-15 10:39 PM

Neat job, Scott. I'm in for one XL!

Wait.....I don't recognize the peak........j/k :wink:

MattR 2004-11-15 10:45 PM

SECCS Matterhorn

http://www.astro.umd.edu/~miller/matterhorn.jpg

sti deede 2004-11-15 10:56 PM

Great job Scott! I agree with Matt, only one arm should get the stripes (perferably the left one). Put me down for 1 XL please.

sperry 2004-11-15 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sti deede
Great job Scott! I agree with Matt, only one arm should get the stripes (perferably the left one). Put me down for 1 XL please.

What, are you guys kidding? When was the last time you saw a car pinstriped on one side? Maybe not SECCS logos on both sides, but the stripes definately.

And Matt, the likeness of the mountains is uncanny! I drew that thing free hand!

JC 2004-11-15 11:53 PM

Quote:

What, are you guys kidding? When was the last time you saw a car pinstriped on one side? Maybe not SECCS logos on both sides, but the stripes definately.

And Matt, the likeness of the mountains is uncanny! I drew that thing free hand!

I say one side too. I'll take 1 large.

MattR 2004-11-16 08:24 AM

Quote:

I know,,,I thought for a minute you meant to...But I know it's just coincidence...