Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Snow Donkey Run-Ins: (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1098)

ArthurS 2004-02-19 03:37 PM

Snow Donkey Run-Ins:

3 Attachment(s)
Here are Mike and I's run-ins with the Snow Donkeys of Nevada.

I'll start with mine.

ArthurS 2004-02-19 03:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
With Pointers:

ArthurS 2004-02-19 03:39 PM

Forgive my paintshop skills...I am at work. No good program here.

Mike's to come in a sec.

ArthurS 2004-02-19 03:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Mike's Run-in with a Snow Donkey:

ArthurS 2004-02-19 03:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
With Pointers:

MattR 2004-02-19 03:59 PM

OMFG!

ArthurS 2004-02-19 04:09 PM

Yea. I took these today, so most of the skid marks and grass marks are gone. Mike must have someone that likes him up there, because he barely missed the tree and fire hydrant. :shock:

Dean 2004-02-19 04:12 PM

We need Pictures of Matt's now...

I can't beleive Mike missed the fire hydrant and the tree... I always wondered if that looks the same in real life when you hit a fire hydrant as it does in the movies.

JoelK 2004-02-19 04:19 PM

Are you guys driving on summer tires in the winter? ;) That's a lot of creative driving.

ArthurS 2004-02-19 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelK
Are you guys driving on summer tires in the winter? ;) That's a lot of creative driving.

Actually I was. I was on the Kuhmo's the first day it snowed. Came into that corner at normal speed, turned the wheel, but the car went straight. BAM.

MikeSTI 2004-02-19 04:24 PM

I'm on winter tires and the pointer Art used is bad becuase I was in the left lane :lol:
Got all kind of grip once I was in the grass 8)

MikeSTI 2004-02-19 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean

I can't beleive Mike missed the fire hydrant and the tree... I always wondered if that looks the same in real life when you hit a fire hydrant as it does in the movies.

A fire hydrant does shoot in the air if you break it how far is of course how much pressure the water is under so it could shoot 100' in the air or 10' but it will flow the same amount of water either way thats why fire trucks have pump so if theres not enough pressure they got some in the truck

MikeSTI 2004-02-19 04:29 PM

:lol: :lol: Scott you or someone with photo chop need to add some snow donkeys into the pics :lol:

sperry 2004-02-19 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSTI
:lol: :lol: Scott you or someone with photo chop need to add some snow donkeys into the pics :lol:

I started working on it as soon as Art posted, but real work slowed me down.

http://www.seccs.org/images/misc/art_donkey.jpg

http://www.seccs.org/images/misc/mike_donkey.jpg

Mike, your's was a big one! :lol:

ArthurS 2004-02-19 04:41 PM

BWHAHAHAHA....Thats friggin awsome Scott. :lol:

AtomicLabMonkey 2004-02-19 04:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

A fire hydrant does shoot in the air if you break it how far is of course how much pressure the water is under so it could shoot 100' in the air or 10' but it will flow the same amount of water either way thats why fire trucks have pump so if theres not enough pressure they got some in the truck

I've seen around 80-100psi on fire mains... when it's pushing a 6-8" diameter column of water that's a fucking lot of force.

MikeSTI 2004-02-19 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomicLabMonkey
Quote:

Quote:

I've seen around 80-100psi on fire mains... when it's pushing a 6-8" diameter column of water that's a fucking lot of force.

most city mains in Sactown only carry 50psi if your lucky :?

AtomicLabMonkey 2004-02-19 05:11 PM

Well, we are a bit of a special case... :lol: the lab has its own separate water supply gravity fed from hills above us, so pressure is guaranteed.

MikeSTI 2004-02-27 01:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This would definatly get me to slow down :lol:

STIwish 2004-02-27 03:28 PM

:lol: :lol: Where was that taken?

sperry 2004-02-27 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STIwish

my bet's on "Branxton"

MikeSTI 2004-02-27 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
Quote:

my bet's on "Branxton"

:lol: :lol:

Dean 2004-02-27 05:35 PM

I was just thinking about Matt's sig...

"...look out for the snow donkeys..."

Isn't looking at them what gets you in trouble?

Shouldn't it be DON'T look at the snow donkeys?

MattR 2004-02-27 05:46 PM

Quote:

I was just thinking about Matt's sig...

"...look out for the snow donkeys..."

Isn't looking at them what gets you in trouble?

Shouldn't it be DON'T look at the snow donkeys?

err??/ uhh? you have to loOk out so you dont getz surprised, er something...They tend to jump out in front of youz.

MattR 2004-02-27 05:48 PM

Quote:

I'm gonna go ahead and say England...

http://www.swinhope.myby.co.uk/genuki/NBL/Branxton/