Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New License Plate? (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3572)

M3n2c3 2005-08-31 04:04 PM

New License Plate?

Ok, so my license plate currently says, "METROID." For all the non-gamers out there, it's a video game (one of Nintendo's best). It was the first thing that popped into my head when the nice DMV lady asked me if I wanted custom plates. Hey, what can I say - I'm a gamer at heart. It's part of my core being at this point.

Unfortunately, every time I look at the plates I become more and more convinced that they just don't fit the car, or my image of the car, or my plans for the car. Metroid and my RS have absolutely nothing to do with each other, and the plates just don't seem to work as a representation for my love for the game simply because they're too blatant. The way I see it (by way of example), plates that say, "KUPO," would be a good representation for Final Fantasy - it's low-key and relatively obscure, but sure to get a rise out of other fans. But in my case I may as well just stick my head out the window and shout, "METROID!!!" at everyone I pass.

This leads me to one solution: get new plates. I don't want to plug video games with my plates. That's for game geeks who just drive their car. I want them to represent my enthusiasm for the car. My games and my Impreza don't need to mix (unless we're talking GT4 or Forza, but we're not. . . so. . . yeah). So here are some ideas I've been checking on the DMV's online availability search.

MYO5 RS --- I like this because the '05 is the last of the "RS." The only problem is that there will be plenty of ignorant folk who read MY05 as, "my 05" (as in claiming ownership), rather than, "Model Year 05."

O5 RS --- This alleviates the above problem but comes off as simplistic when actually applied to the plate.

25RS --- Exactly what the car is, obviously. Not very creative, and it's missing the "." in 2.5. I could space it out, like so: 2 5 RS

NOTURBO --- I rather like this one, as it comes off (at least for me) as humorously self-deprecating and yet is not afraid to proclaim that the car is naturally aspirated.

NOT 25I --- Another one that plays off the '05 being the last of the "RS" designation. I don't really want to hate on the '06 purchasers, though.

NABUILD --- "N/A Build." I'd save this for when it's actually built, though. :lol:

Yes, I'm willing to pay $35 so I can stop kicking myself every time I look at my plates.

So, tell me your favorite - or if you have a better one, post it! And feel free to tell me what a fool I am for over-analyzing my freaking license plates. :oops:

tysonK 2005-08-31 04:25 PM

2PNTWHT

two point white

thats all I got.

you can add a poll.

Dean 2005-08-31 04:50 PM

I wish my Audi plates did not read AQUATRO which at the time I thought was cool becasue it is an A4, and it is A Quattro. Stupid people who I don't care about read it as Aqua Tro which doesn't make any sense.

I wish I had gone with RAUDI or somehing more fun. If you are going to have a custom plate, it shoud be fun. Describing your car may not be fun, and may notgive you what you are looking for.

How about:
RST ME
RSTEDDV
IMPRSED
REPRSED
DR2MPRS
DRVMY25
25DRVS
25OR624 (Sorry, Flashback to the 70s)
UNDPRSR
AWD 2 5
RSTASRD
RSTLESS
RSTING
RS2DRIV

PS, I kinda like NOTURBO

M3n2c3 2005-08-31 05:13 PM

Poll added. I hadn't seen the option in the thread tools yet. :D

I added a couple of Dean's that grabbed my attention. I'm just not really good at coming up with catchy stuff like "RAUDI." :oops:

JC 2005-08-31 05:19 PM

NOTAWRX

sperry 2005-08-31 05:45 PM

TRBOSUX

MattR 2005-08-31 06:46 PM

Or..

LV2BDFL

sperry 2005-08-31 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR
Or..

LV2BDFL

:lol:

Although in light of recent WRC results... it's damn accurate on a Suby's plate. :(

M3n2c3 2005-08-31 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR
Or..

LV2BDFL

Love to be dead freakin' last?

JC: NOTAWRX is taken :D

bruspeed 2005-08-31 07:59 PM

I voted for "noturbo"

<--- Wishes he wasn't such a cheap bastard and got custom plates.

cody 2005-08-31 11:30 PM

I voted "no turbo", but you could see if they have some goofy ones like:

SUBY DO
NATURAL
NO SNAIL
ON RAILS
CAN TURN
HLMT RQD
SCRAPPY
SUPARU
I PWN

M3n2c3 2005-08-31 11:45 PM

Too bad I can't really rally it. RALLY and RALLYRS are both available. . .

SECCSRS would fit :D

Kevin M 2005-09-01 01:45 AM

SECCS RS will get shot down... or there would already be a SECCSVX. ;) Just don't get anything with "RS" or 2.5" or "SUBARU" or some derivative thereof. Just a personal pet peeve, but license plates that include some form of the make/model name of the car are right up there with "powered by <insert manufacturer of car here>" windshield banners.

MPREZIV 2005-09-01 06:18 AM

My only suggestion is to get something that isn't too obscure. MPREZIV on my plates gets a "mister prez. four? what does that mean?" from at least one idiot a week!

M3n2c3 2005-09-01 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
SECCS RS will get shot down... or there would already be a SECCSVX. ;) Just don't get anything with "RS" or 2.5" or "SUBARU" or some derivative thereof. Just a personal pet peeve, but license plates that include some form of the make/model name of the car are right up there with "powered by <insert manufacturer of car here>" windshield banners.

Does that mean you don't like RSTLESS? :D

Kevin M 2005-09-01 02:18 PM

A play on words is okay by me. :)

ScottyS 2005-09-01 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3n2c3
Does that mean you don't like RSTLESS? :D

That's what I voted for....