Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2006 SECCS Hoodie! (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3768)

sperry 2005-10-21 12:34 PM

2006 SECCS Hoodie!

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I finally took some time last night to start working on a design for next year's hoodie.

My goal is something much more subtle and simple than the 2005 design. I'm gonna try yet again to get them in a dark charcoal color, but the last two attempts have failed, so it will probably just end up black, unless everyone would rather a different color, like tan or red, or who knows.

I'm not totally sure how this design would be used on the hoodie yet. I'm thinking the full drawing as you see it on the back, and just the "SECCS" part on the front.

I also haven't thought about the sleeves. I think I could come up with something cool for the sleeves, but screening the front, back, and sleeves will be pretty expensive... although we're saving a little by not having a ton of colors like the last design.

Let me know what ya'll think!

Nick Koan 2005-10-21 12:42 PM

Looking good.

I think the red logo and white pistons would look good on a dark color. Or perhaps tan with black lettering and black pistons. I dunno, though. I think I'd prefer the charcoal myself.

SlickNick112 2005-10-21 12:49 PM

I like the charcoal idea as well. I'm indifferent when it comes to sceening on the sleeves. I like a well designed, but simple sweatshirt.

sybir 2005-10-21 12:55 PM

I like that logo. I've always been weird about logos on the back of hoodies, but I could see it working. I dig the original "cruising sleeve" from the first hoodies...

I'd vote for charcoal, or a totally different color, since we already did black SECCS gear and blue SRIC hoodies.

I actually really like the red hoodie idea....but think it would work better with the full logo in just black and white on the front, then black and white SECCS on the back or the sleeve.

The logo is pimp, it's a more old-school hot-rod club shirt vibe.

tysonK 2005-10-21 01:37 PM

I would also vote for a charcoal. But I'd also liike a deep red maybe even maroon. Or a British Racing Green.

I think the logo on the front is the best. I'd think it would be cool to have the SECCS part on the back but on the lower portion of the back near the bottom.

sybir 2005-10-21 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysonK
I would also vote for a charcoal. But I'd also liike a deep red maybe even maroon. Or a British Racing Green.

I think the logo on the front is the best. I'd think it would be cool to have the SECCS part on the back but on the lower portion of the back near the bottom.

Maroon or BRG would be pimp too.

Dunno about the name on the lower back, that always screams out "thug life" to me.

Nick Koan 2005-10-21 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sybir
Maroon or BRG would be pimp too.

Dunno about the name on the lower back, that always screams out "thug life" to me.

"thug life" is how we roll in Reno though.

sybir 2005-10-21 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nKoan
"thug life" is how we roll in Reno though.

Oh yeah. Scott in the morning, especially :p

Dean 2005-10-21 02:23 PM

I'd vote for that logo embroidered on most anything but a hoodie... I think the original mountain logo would look good embroidered as well. Only do the red and white on whatever in about a 4"x2" space on a button down, or polo...

Anybody second that motion?

MattR 2005-10-21 02:49 PM

RED!!!!! As much as I hate the red team, a Red hoodie would win for me.

JC 2005-10-21 03:01 PM

Maroon would be sick.

sperry 2005-10-21 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC
Maroon would be sick.

I'm gonna have to agree w/ JC. Even though I think red would look better from an "artistic" standpoint, I don't know that I'd wear a bright red hoodie all that often. A darker maroon hoodie... much more wearable.

AtomicLabMonkey 2005-10-21 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean
Anybody second that motion?

http://www.80s.com/saveferris/images/cast/stein.jpg

Anyone? Anyone?

tysonK 2005-10-21 04:43 PM

Sweet I thought maroon might be cool.

Have we ever even priced how much embroidered stuff is? It might even up being over 40 per hoodie.

Thug Life.

M3n2c3 2005-10-21 05:14 PM

As far as the design goes, I'm torn between voting for a) pistons on the back with SECCS on the front, or b) pistons on the front with SECCS down the sleeves. I'd wear either :)

khail19 2005-10-21 05:27 PM

I'd go for Maroon, with the pistons in grey or black (with the outlines in a contrasting color). I'd rather have the main logo on the front as well. On the back it has to be lower than the hood, which is kinda gangsta.

tysonK 2005-10-21 05:42 PM

Am I missing something with the lower placement on the back, having some kind of boyz in da hood reference.

This calls for a GIS. Be right back.

sperry 2005-10-21 05:44 PM

The SRIC hoodie has a *large* logo on the back of the hoodie, and surprisingly, it's not really obscured by the hood. Logos on the back can be done just fine w/o placing them down at the bottom.

tysonK 2005-10-21 05:45 PM

OK sorry.

http://www.cinderblock.com/Designs/LAT-101-x.jpg

khail19 2005-10-21 06:13 PM

In the middle of the back right under the hood would be fine. Tyson mentioned near the bottom, like the pic above, which is what I was calling gangsta.

sti deede 2005-10-21 06:34 PM

I love the line work in the piston image, but I'm kind of torn with the skinny text for the logo. I really like some thickness to it. It's what I used to seeing... unless we are planning to change up the design of that.

I think we should have a chocolate hoodie. Or charcoal hoodie would be awesome too if it were possible. If not I'd prefer a darker color one, although I'm not against a bold color hoodie.

I agree with Aaron on the sleeves, both arms is too much. I really like just the cruising arm. I think it would be cool to have a stripe the same style as the striping on the coupe at S-squared. If you think that would work with your design.

edit: Regarding the placement of the logo, I trust your judgement, but have you though about a less traditional location. Like perhaps on one side of edge of the hood (in reference to the pistons image). Or perhaps the logo as kind of washed out background image. Alpinestars website has some interesting designs. http://www.alpinestars.com/pl/c/8.html Also a lot of skateboard company's have interesting placement for they're logos. I don't know if this is appropriate to your design intent, but I just figured I'd throw it out there.

I really like were this is going and I look forward to seeing the progression.

BTW:
Hughmungaloid thanks to you, Scott, for designing these shirts. You do awesome work.

dmentdwrx 2005-10-21 11:32 PM

I personally think that kicks ass!!

kidatari 2005-10-22 04:19 AM

Do you ship to Korea? ;)

qksubi 2005-10-22 09:45 AM

I like great idea!

sti deede 2005-10-22 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidatari
Do you ship to Korea? ;)

You'll get one sent don't worry silly! I can't leave you hanging.