Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Policy on "hookups" (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5094)

sperry 2006-10-02 12:24 PM

Policy on "hookups"

As many people know, from time to time, members of this site have "hookups" on stuff through their work, or group buys, or offers to help w/ mods, etc. Due to events not all that long ago, I'd like to touch on the SECCS policy for these types of deals.

First, if someone has a hookup to offer, please let *them* offer it. Telling person A, "oh dude, person B totally has the hookup on that" isn't fair to person B, as it puts them in the position to offer something to someone they may not be willing/able to offer. If you see that person A would benefit from person B's help, tell person B in a PM about person A and let them make the offer at their discretion. Basically, if the hookup isn't yours to offer, don't offer it for someone else.

Second, let's try to keep these deals within the club. If everyone and their mother is taking advantage of an offer presented to the club, it raises the chance that the offer will be recinded. "Free carwashes for SECCS members" won't last long if every 3rd person in Reno is claiming to be a SECCS member.

Third, and most important. Let's keep this stuff legal. It's the SECCS policy to cooperate w/ the authorities regarding any illegal activity. If something goes down via the board, we will share what we can w/ the police if so requested. If you're offering a hookup to members on the board, please keep it legit.

Again, some of you may know what this is about, but we're not going to name-names or discuss it in this thread, as the situation seems to be resolved. I'm just posting this up so everyone will know what's expected in the future regarding these sort of deals.

MPREZIV 2006-10-02 01:13 PM

+1 MILLION

Nick Koan 2006-10-02 01:23 PM

Agreed.

At best its rude, at worst it can cause some major issues. A "hookup" that gets too popular can really impact a person offering it, and if it gets too big the consequences can be negative for that person. That last thing I would want is for someone to get into trouble with their business relations (boss, coworkers, corporate partner, etc) just because of the "hookups" offered via this club.

MattR 2006-10-02 01:25 PM

That and most of the people on this board offering hookups (Cory, Pat, Khail) are too nice and too helpful to ever bring it up. Good Policy there Scott.

JonnydaJibba 2006-10-02 01:37 PM

I try to abide by this as an everyday rule regarding anything I do. This to me is something that you do (or don't do, whatever side you are on) out of respect for a person. That being said, I HOPE that I haven't done it here or anywhere. In general I am usually pretty conscious of this, but I make mistakes, and if I have offended anyone, I appologize.

But yeah good thread.

khail19 2006-10-02 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR
That and most of the people on this board offering hookups (Cory, Pat, Khail) are too nice and too helpful to ever bring it up. Good Policy there Scott.

Thanks for the kind words, but I got nothing now.

MattR 2006-10-02 01:49 PM

I know.

sybir 2006-10-02 02:10 PM

I'm right behind you on this one. Hookups need to be on the down-low, and they need to be offered by the person providing them.

JC 2006-10-02 02:12 PM

I was expecting a sex scandal when I opened this. Good to spell things out though.

Pat R. 2006-10-02 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You never know what will happen when you agree to a third-party hookup:

NevadaSTi 2006-10-02 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat R.

Pat, I am gonna ask for a "hook-up." Do you have a big enough cone to cover her up??

M3n2c3 2006-10-02 05:25 PM

Good call, Scott. I had been thinking about bringing this up myself.

sp00ln 2006-10-02 08:52 PM

So, where am I supposed to get my drugs from now, Scott?

bxracer69 2006-10-02 10:02 PM

man law?....

JonnydaJibba 2006-10-03 07:09 AM

Sticky?

qksubi 2006-10-03 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat R.

Pat can you hook me up ;)

Pat R. 2006-10-03 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qksubi
Pat can you hook me up ;)

You always were a sucker for girls with tongue rings!

Brian, I don't have any cones that big but these might do the job:

http://www.roadtraffic-technology.co...e_energy/3.jpg

Nick Koan 2007-10-01 10:37 AM

Bump for all you new guys.

Remember, be polite and respectful to your fellow members and don't offer other peoples goods or services!

subierex09 2008-12-06 12:30 PM

got it

sybir 2009-07-29 08:05 AM

Bump.

brianbell 2018-01-04 05:20 AM

Thanx for sharing this information!

Fernando 2018-01-30 07:11 PM

Can't believe this....

alaxjordan0 2019-07-05 06:17 AM

Hey Sperry, I'm a newbie here. Thanks for sharing some great input.