Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   sighting... (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7719)

sedonabugeye 2009-05-14 08:02 PM

sighting...

i saw a bunch of sweet subarus at in and out tonight at 6pm on virginia.. they were badass and the guys were all way freakin cool! you should come check it out on thursdays!:lol:

GusGus91 2009-05-14 08:39 PM

Hmmm... Me and Imprezif seem to have seen that as well.. haha

DaveWRX 2009-05-14 08:48 PM

Is there a meet at in n out as well??

wildfirefli 2009-05-14 08:49 PM

Yeah. Flat4 meets!

DaveWRX 2009-05-14 08:58 PM

As in Flat4LV? That's the only Flat4 that I know of

GusGus91 2009-05-14 09:07 PM

There's a Flat4RN now.

DaveWRX 2009-05-14 09:09 PM

Oh really? Didn't know that. That's pretty sweet

sedonabugeye 2009-05-14 10:14 PM

heck yes it is.. its pretty much the sweetest subaru site around!... but seriously.. 6pm on thursdays at in and out on virginia!.. be there!

sperry 2009-05-14 10:19 PM

Hey guys, where are the Flat4NV forums so I can go there and advertise the SECCS meets? :unamused:

sedonabugeye 2009-05-14 10:26 PM

you can advertise all you want.. the flat4 guys are all badass and dont get butt-hurt over stupid shit. so good luck with getting flat4 guys at a seccs meet.. aint gonna happen in this lifetime

moose 2009-05-14 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedonabugeye (Post 134197)
you can advertise all you want.. the flat4 guys are all badass and dont get butt-hurt over stupid shit. so good luck with getting flat4 guys at a seccs meet.. aint gonna happen in this lifetime

No need to be a jerk man. Especially to the guy that runs this site. Maybe you should advertise this in off topic since this has nothing to do with this club.

khail19 2009-05-14 10:49 PM

Or even better, you should go start your own site. It's becoming pretty clear that you are only here to sell your stuff and stir shit up.

sperry 2009-05-14 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedonabugeye (Post 134197)

Considering how much I've given to the Subaru community at large around here, I think it's rather rude for folks to use the board that I run and pay for out of my own pocket to advertise a meet that directly competes with the meet we've been running for over 7 years.

You guys made a conscience decision to hold your meets on the same day as ours, and then you come here in what looks like an attempt to persuade our members to go there. That's a dick move because you guys made it a Flat4 vs. SECCS thing. Frankly, I'd be happy if SECCS folks were able to go to both meets because more meets are good for the Subaru community at large, but apparently Flat4 would rather make a competition out of it. So congratulation, you win... I've got no problem with SECCS folks leaving if they'd rather hang out with the Flat4 people, because that's not what we're about here. This is a Subaru Enthusiasts club, not a "crew" that people have to show their loyalty to, or be forced to pick as their one club to participate in.

So as welcome as you may say I am to pitch SECCS meets on the Flat4 forum, I wouldn't go to another forum and do that, because I'm not an ass like that.

sedonabugeye 2009-05-15 06:34 AM

im not trying to steal seccs members for flat4.. im simply giving people another option that they normally wouldnt know about if i hadnt said anything. and flat4 is not a crew.. UNRIVALED ..now thats a crew. but flat4 is a forum site mainly targeted to the younger subaru people in this town, that may feel they dont fit in to your club. so im not stealing anyone.. simply being an informant.

knucklesplitter 2009-05-15 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedonabugeye (Post 134205)
but flat4 is a forum site mainly targeted to the younger subaru people in this town...

Oh great. I am the second oldest guy in Reno's old-guys Subaru group.

"Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club for Seniors"

sybir 2009-05-15 07:19 AM

I'd give you a hi-five, but apparently I need both hands for my walker.

van 2009-05-15 07:41 AM

Whats the young/old cutoff age?
I need to know so I can decide which group I belong with?

I think Dean needs to start a 3rd reno club, the AARPSECCS.

Dean 2009-05-15 08:00 AM

Eh? Type louder, I can't hear you...

And I don't want to get the moderators mad at me, but I the age cutoff appears to be when you learn to use capital letters, paragraphs, grammar and punctuation. ;)

Looks like you have to stay here Van.

ScottyS 2009-05-15 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry (Post 134202)
Considering how much I've given to the Subaru community at large around here, I think it's rather rude for folks to use the board that I run and pay for out of my own pocket to advertise a meet that directly competes with the meet we've been running for over 7 years.

You guys made a conscience decision to hold your meets on the same day as ours, and then you come here in what looks like an attempt to persuade our members to go there. That's a dick move because you guys made it a Flat4 vs. SECCS thing. Frankly, I'd be happy if SECCS folks were able to go to both meets because more meets are good for the Subaru community at large, but apparently Flat4 would rather make a competition out of it. So congratulation, you win... I've got no problem with SECCS folks leaving if they'd rather hang out with the Flat4 people, because that's not what we're about here. This is a Subaru Enthusiasts club, not a "crew" that people have to show their loyalty to, or be forced to pick as their one club to participate in.

So as welcome as you may say I am to pitch SECCS meets on the Flat4 forum, I wouldn't go to another forum and do that, because I'm not an ass like that.

Actually Scott, I was thinking you need to go use the Flat4Whatever forums to post your "For Sale" items.

100_Percent_Juice 2009-05-15 11:19 AM

I don't know why everyone is taking all this so personally. I am kind of getting tired of the whole thing from both sides and I think it just needs to blow over. I think one of the biggest problems is that people want to make their voice heard by everyone instead of just taking care of it by PM.

Example: If Dean would sent a PM to Andy saying, "hey man, I know what its like to try and sell some stuff quick but this is a small forum and bumping isn't needed because of the small audience. etc. etc. etc."
Then Andy would not have felt the need to defend himself after Dean slapped his hand in public.
Then Scotty wouldn't have childishly bumped all of Andy's threads in defense.

I think we all know that people act differently on forums then they do in real life. It's extremely easy to take offense at something that someone typed if your looking to get offended. If I think someone has beef with me, I will send them a PM. Everyone just needs to relax and cut out all the eye for an eye crap.

ScottyS 2009-05-15 11:53 AM

Ouch, if the Juice called me a child, I need to check myself.

Edit: because the Juice has a skewed perspective often enough,let me clarify: I bumped those threads, not because of the OP's already ridiculous self-bumping, but in direct response to this:

Quote:

How in the hell do you justify that pass at Scott, Juice? At all? After all of his time explaining, tolerating stupidity, etc? I mean, the dude gets a login, contributes mostly For Sale ads, and then this? Come on dude, even in your world that has to look a little ridiculous.

That is my total contribution to the affair. I could care less about other meets scheduled the same time as ours, the loser smack, etc. This is rolling off of my back just as fast as it should the rest of the club's. But since I'm already in a fed-up mood this week, I wasn't going to let Scott take it all again without pointing out the obvious.......

MPREZIV 2009-05-15 11:58 AM

Scotty wins the internets forever.

:lol:

tysonK 2009-05-15 12:35 PM

double post. I was up at 5am.

tysonK 2009-05-15 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice (Post 134220)
I don't know why everyone is taking all this so personally. I am kind of getting tired of the whole thing from both sides and I think it just needs to blow over. I think one of the biggest problems is that people want to make their voice heard by everyone instead of just taking care of it by PM.

Example: If Dean would sent a PM to Andy saying, "hey man, I know what its like to try and sell some stuff quick but this is a small forum and bumping isn't needed because of the small audience. etc. etc. etc."
Then Andy would not have felt the need to defend himself after Dean slapped his hand in public.
Then Scotty wouldn't have childishly bumped all of Andy's threads in defense.

I think we all know that people act differently on forums then they do in real life. It's extremely easy to take offense at something that someone typed if your looking to get offended. If I think someone has beef with me, I will send them a PM. Everyone just needs to relax and cut out all the eye for an eye crap.

This forum is not the same as other forums. It is real life because it's local. If I resally say I'm going to kick your ass I better be able to come out and back it up, but hyperbole aside the real life versus forum life does not really stand here.

Why do you think you get well thought out reasonbale responses i.e Scott, when talking about the forum. You don't get some douchebag forum post.

The fact that's it's local is another reason we take it personally when people ruin the atmosphere.

also: Scotty is killing me here....lol

Dean 2009-05-15 01:21 PM

On all the other forums, I am a hot 18 year old Asian chick who drives a slammed Honda. :eek: