Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What kind of fuel pump to get? (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=250)

ZER026D 2003-05-08 09:06 PM

What kind of fuel pump to get?

Well I know I need one so what kind to get I know Phil has a bad ass one but I cant remember what kind he has. :?

MattR 2003-05-08 09:09 PM

I think it's a secret :lol:

ZER026D 2003-05-08 09:20 PM

he tod me once I think he will tell me again but who knows it might be top secret I think I can get it out of him.

sperry 2003-05-08 09:23 PM

Lot's of people go with the Walboro... so it must work... Phil's was some off brand of sorts... said it works real well, but was way cheaper (or something... I have a swiss cheese memory).

ArthurS 2003-05-09 11:14 AM

Here is a Walbro pump:

http://www.worldoneperformance.com/p...o_fuelpump.htm

120$

ZER026D 2003-05-09 11:38 AM

I can get for 100$ or cheaper if you guys want some.

ArthurS 2003-05-09 11:47 AM

Is there really a need unless I want injectors and a bigger turbo?

ZER026D 2003-05-09 01:13 PM

I think there is it might push more PSI witch makes more power. Phil is on stock fuel sytem besides fuel pump.

sperry 2003-05-09 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZER026D
I think there is it might push more PSI witch makes more power. Phil is on stock fuel sytem besides fuel pump.

Unless you get bigger injectors you're not going to make more power by upgrading the fuel pump. Even then, you really need an engine management setup to take advantage of more fuel. More fuel w/o more air just means you'll run rich and toast your cat(s) w/o really making more power. Upgrading the fuel system is just a step to allow more boost or higher compression to make power w/o popping the motor.

dayofpain 2003-05-09 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
Quote:

Unless you get bigger injectors you're not going to make more power by upgrading the fuel pump. Even then, you really need an engine management setup to take advantage of more fuel. More fuel w/o more air just means you'll run rich and toast your cat(s) w/o really making more power. Upgrading the fuel system is just a step to allow more boost or higher compression to make power w/o popping the motor.

when running injectors close to full duty... ie:90 % and higher... the stock fuel pump cannot support the fuel pressure and you will have pressure drop off. NOTE: it is not good to run injectors past 85%.

yes youll need more air first. once anybody has the need to purchase a fuel pump i will unleash the secret of my fuel pump. but i dont think anyone in this group (not trying to offend anyone) has the "need" for added fuel. most of you guys are suspension nuts. i am a power nut. let me know when you guys get real serious about diving into the engine. and i will let you guys in on some power secrets. ;)

dayofpain 2003-05-09 04:16 PM

Re: What kind of fuel pump to get?

Quote:

Well I know I need one so what kind to get I know Phil has a bad ass one but I cant remember what kind he has. :?

get a really big turbo and IC then youll need a pump. till then it would be a huge waste of money.

dayofpain 2003-05-09 04:17 PM

Quote:

Lot's of people go with the Walboro... so it must work... Phil's was some off brand of sorts... said it works real well, but was way cheaper (or something... I have a swiss cheese memory).

actually its a huge brand... ;)

sperry 2003-05-09 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayofpain
Quote:

actually its a huge brand... ;)

By "off brand" I meant that Subaru guys don't know about it... btw: who makes it anyway?

ZER026D 2003-05-10 12:23 PM

Well I want to get in to the engine I am just at a holding point cause of funds and dont know what I want. I can get a STI spec C engine for like 3500 my friend in AZ has one that will put 400 to the ground for that much money I dont think you can more.

tysonK 2003-05-10 01:09 PM

good lord, I guess you're not messing around anymore, Coil-Overs, Spec C Engines, what's next, complete carbon fiber body treatment and Lexan window replacements:!:

ZER026D 2003-05-10 07:08 PM

lol that is on the list I think I can get all that stuff from my friend in AZ.

sp00ln 2003-05-20 07:48 AM

I dont know about the WRX stock FPR but the 255lph over-rides the stock DSM one causing you to run real rich - thus needing to buy an AFPR. Maybe it doesn't do this with the WRX FPR? But from experiance, I'd get the 190lph and re-wire it directly to the battery to increase flow. Its something to think about...