Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   For thsoe taht get pikced on for spelilng (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3888)

MikeSTI 2005-11-17 03:14 PM

For thsoe taht get pikced on for spelilng

Olny srmat poelpe can read thsi I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

I tuhgoht it was nitfy.

JC 2005-11-17 03:25 PM

Still makes you look retarded.

cody 2005-11-17 03:27 PM

:lol:

Nick Koan 2005-11-17 03:28 PM

Yeah, but transposing letters in a word is different then misspelling words :p

Getting all the correct letters in a word (regardless of their order) would be a definite step up for most people on the internet.

sperry 2005-11-17 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nKoan
Yeah, but transposing letters in a word is different then misspelling words :p

Getting all the correct letters in a word (regardless of their order) would be a definite step up for most people on the internet.

wut u taking bout? most ppl on da intanet type good. u r dum.

tysonK 2005-11-17 04:03 PM

I think of it as unscrambling the word, I don't think of it as reading with the first and last letters and place holders.

You know most consonants do not repeat themselves especially j’s and c’s and crap like that.

doubleurx 2005-11-17 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSTI
Olny srmat poelpe can read thsi I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

I tuhgoht it was nitfy.

Man that is pretty amazing. How long did it take you to write that?

sperry 2005-11-17 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Man that is pretty amazing. How long did it take you to write that?

2 seconds:

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

doubleurx 2005-11-17 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
2 seconds:

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

Bummer, I was almost impressed!

sp00ln 2005-11-17 07:47 PM

wmcloee to two yraes ago, mkie.