Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Reno SCCA members: SCCA/Subaru Award (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1055)

dknv 2004-02-07 03:52 PM

Reno SCCA members: SCCA/Subaru Award

Convention news, page 2:
http://www.scca.com/news/convention/...ention-Fri.pdf

WE WON!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!:

I just talked to Dave Deborde, RenoSCCA RE, who is at the SCCA National Convention. Reno Region SCCA won the following:

Best Divisional Event - NORPAC Divisional at Stead Airport July 4/5- Trophy

But that's not all. Remember when I brought up the idea of participating in the SCCA WRX Incentive program?
http://www.seccs.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=232

Dave confirmed it is public, drum roll please -----
WRX Incentive Program, Best Program Medium Sized Region - $750

WRX Incentive Program, Superior Effort in activating WRX members (57% retention rate vs. 8% national avg.) - USE OF A SUBARU WRX FOR 1 YEAR TO BE UTILIZED AS A PACE OR COURSE CAR AND PROMOTIONAL VEHICLE.

Dave needs to make some calls when they return from the convention, to find out the details of what this usage means. I won't hold my breath that we can use it for competition, but the car will come with a 'full decal package' (can't wait to find out what that means) and Reno scca will be able to take it to events.

Awesome, huh? More details as I learn them. Congratulations seccs members,

ZER026D 2004-02-07 03:58 PM

That is so sick I am so stoked on coming back there to open my shop there is such a great group of people to be around. Pluss all the people doing the SCCA stuff that is a blast.

MattR 2004-02-07 04:02 PM

Yeah, I'm glad it's official, we rulez! Congrats to the SECCS/Reno SCCA subaru contingent,. awesome.

sperry 2004-02-07 04:06 PM

Nice work everyone!! I'd love to have a WRX for a "single car challenge" event, but something tells me Subaru/SCCA won't want their car beat on like that! :lol:

ArthurS 2004-02-07 04:08 PM

Thats so awsome! Way to go everyone.

ZER026D 2004-02-07 04:23 PM

I hope they give us a STI

Dean 2004-02-07 04:59 PM

This is so great.

Everyone did great stuff, but a special thanks goes to Debbie for kicking us all in the butt and keeping us going on this program.

STIwish 2004-02-07 07:56 PM

DUDE!!! that is hella impressive guys... CONGRATS!!

tysonK 2004-02-07 08:09 PM

WOW!

Just WAIT till they See THIS SEASON.

Reno SCCA SUBARU OWNZ AMERICA!

dknv 2004-02-09 09:20 AM

edited 1st post with link to convention newsletter announcement

MattR 2004-02-09 09:37 AM

Sweet! our region had 57% participation, and the average was 8%...that's amazing. Way to go.

ArthurS 2004-02-09 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR
Sweet! our region had 57% participation, and the average was 8%...that's amazing. Way to go.

Seriously. 8)

MikeSTI 2004-02-09 12:11 PM

:lol: I still have to send in my SCCA membership so it shall go up 8)

And again great job to everyone :D Good Stuff Good Stuff

BOO 2004-02-09 01:36 PM

Not that it matters but I still have yet to send mine in as well Mike... :lol: :lol:

Theo 2004-02-09 01:48 PM

Way to go Debbie!

Theo

sperry 2004-02-11 12:24 PM

Here's the email from Eric Gangloff and Dave Deborde for those of you not on the mailing list:

Quote:

Hello fellow Reno SCCA members,

Congrats to all who contributed to helping Reno Region win the three following prestigious awards at Nationals!

-Eric Gangloff

From Dave Deborde:

Reno Region Wins Big At The SCCA National Convention

Reno Region won three prestigious awards at the National Convention. First, we won first place and $750 for our Subaru WRX Membership program for medium sized regions. The Reno program is essentially a club within a club, in our case the Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierra's, which will become the template for other regions across the country. Congratulations to Debbie and all the Subaru Enthusiasts.

Next, we won the contest for the best retention rate. Reno Region retained 57% of Subaru WRX members compared with 8% nationwide. The 57% retention, by far the highest of any region, earned the region the use of a brand spanking new Subaru WRX for one year.

Finally, we were honored to win the award for the BEST DIVISIONAL SOLO2 IN 2003.

A great big thank you to all the members that worked so hard all year to make this happen.

Dave Deborde
Regional Executive
Reno Region, Sports Car Club of America
Way to go SECCS!

MattR 2004-02-11 12:37 PM

wow! It's really great to see the exposure, and appreciation, I'm very proud of our club and our region.
Excellent work Debbie, you are the one that got the whole WRX program rolling, and you deserve the majority of the credit.

Nick Koan 2004-02-11 12:59 PM

congrats guys!

now you need a dancing banana emoticon :D

dknv 2004-02-11 01:01 PM

Thanks Matt!
While I did the PR work to participate in this, this group built the content. imo we as a group deserve credit for this recognition, it's the group spirit that reaches out to new people, welcomes new people to meets, contributes information to share & learn by, and motivates us to keep doing it. And if it hadn't been for Scott (sperry), Matt (lagnwagn), Art (horsepowerforbrains) and other Reno area people back in Dec. 02 posting on nasioc/i-club, (whatever it was then), about Reno meets, I wouldn't have met up with you guys, and wouldn't have done any instigating (along with Scott) to get people out to auto-x. It's because we formed up, and because there is great chemistry and momentum in this group that I wanted to pursue the challenge.

MattR 2004-02-11 01:47 PM

Good Point! Congrats to everyone... 8)

ArthurS 2004-02-11 03:04 PM

We Rule :twisted: