Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   gwar (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5231)

rubberbiscuitt 2006-11-09 09:54 PM

gwar

my wife scored a ticket to a gwar show monday in reno from a friend of hers at work. i've never been to one of their shows, but still i don't even want to try to get a ticket for myself. i really don't know what to think of her going to this show.

experienced gwar fans on seccs?

Nick Koan 2006-11-09 10:02 PM

I've had friends that go. They say its a lot of fun.

Its just over the top (to the point of comedy) violence and gore. If you are up close, you'll probably come back covered in fake blood/bile/puke/other bodily fluid.

rubberbiscuitt 2006-11-09 10:22 PM

yeah the dude that got her the ticket said, " you need to go. because, where else are you get alien semen and piss on you?"

100_Percent_Juice 2006-11-09 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubberbiscuitt
you need to go. because, where else are you get alien semen and piss on you?"

:~: Thats when you need to take a step back and re-evaluate where your life is going.

M3n2c3 2006-11-09 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice
:~: Thats when you need to take a step back and re-evaluate where your life is going.

I'd take two steps back, 'cause you wouldn't know if the guy was offering until it was too late. :huh:

MPREZIV 2006-11-10 07:57 AM

As a fan of other really HEAVY metal bands, I have to say that Gwar is the band that gets made fun of in most circles... I like some serious hardcore music, but Gwar doesn't make MUSIC, they just put on a gross, violent show.

I say don't go... not worth the time.

qksubi 2006-11-10 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPREZIV
As a fan of other really HEAVY metal bands, I have to say that Gwar is the band that gets made fun of in most circles... I like some serious hardcore music, but Gwar doesn't make MUSIC, they just put on a gross, violent show.

I say don't go... not worth the time.

Yeah Ditto! if you do go bring a trash bag to put on!

Libila 2006-11-10 12:28 PM

From a musical standpoint they suck, but the shows are really fun from what I've been told.

Duckie 2006-11-10 02:45 PM

The point is not their music, its the experience their shows provide. Its the exact same concept with Visual Kei bands in Japan, people dont go for the music.

MPREZIV 2006-11-10 03:25 PM

Well, on that note, I will simply say that I can think of about a MILLION other things to do with my time than have "alien semen", among other fluids, sprayed on me by some retards dressed up like horror movie rejects pounding on drums and calling it music... :P

my $0.02

Nick Koan 2006-11-10 03:33 PM

Quote:

Well, on that note, I will simply say that I can think of about a MILLION other things to do with my time than have "alien semen", among other fluids, sprayed on me by some retards dressed up like horror movie rejects pounding on drums and calling it music... :P

my $0.02

Totally. My friends would always go and I'd always say "But I don't really like their music" followed with "But its not about the music, its about the show" countered with "Okay, if it isn't about the music, then there is no point in going to the concert".

I dunno, some people love it. Its supposed to be a great show (if you're into that sort of thing). For me, its on big meh.

tysonK 2006-11-10 04:33 PM

My brother was up front at one of their concerts and sad the 'bassist" kicked him to the ground.

He couldn't really fight back either cause all the pading and costume shit they wear. He probably deserved it anyways.

He left shortly after.

sperry 2006-11-10 05:46 PM

All I know is that Gwar is Beavis and Butthead's favorite band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGFlpwBGa5E

Take that at face value. :lol:

left footed whooten 2006-11-10 08:57 PM

Slaughterama

Kevin M 2006-11-10 09:27 PM

I am highly amused by the fact that the first link to pop up at the end of the Beavis and Butthead clip was... the Prodrive P2 on Top Gear. :lol:

Ezdno 2006-11-11 12:47 AM

Well if you dont want the ticket cough it up, I will go!

rubberbiscuitt 2006-11-11 09:48 AM

oh i guess i didnt describe it well. my wife going to go to the show. and i cant talk her out of going. even after searching youtube, and watching some fucked up gwar involved/gwar music videos.

tysonK 2006-11-11 09:52 AM

I say don't let her go.

ha.

Ezdno 2006-11-11 01:26 PM

Actually, the is no similarity to a musical concert when attending a Gwar Concert, its all about theatrics. And its quite humourous, gross, and over all entertaining in a sick pyschotic way....she should go. Check it off her list of things she has done.

left footed whooten 2006-11-11 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezdno
Actually, the is no similarity to a musical concert when attending a Gwar Concert, its all about theatrics. And its quite humourous, gross, and over all entertaining in a sick pyschotic way....she should go. Check it off her list of things she has done.

BINGO!
If you're lucky, you'll meet Sleazy P. Martini

M3n2c3 2006-11-12 09:31 PM

Quote:

my $0.02

+1.

Apparently my brother is going with some friends. He's pretty stoked. He says it's more about the theatricality and comedy of the show, but I guess I'm just more of a prude than he is :?: