Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Current Meet Location - Tamarack Junction - 6pm - 1st Thurs of each month (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1418)

Detritus 2008-07-19 04:33 PM

I have next week off so I'll make it to the meet.

Detritus 2008-07-24 04:55 PM

Bringing my roommate too.

sperry 2008-07-24 08:14 PM

Hey it was nice to see a bunch of new people out at the meet tonight. Thanks for coming out guys!

Detritus 2008-07-24 08:20 PM

Yeah I had fun. I just wish I could go every week. So if I want to come out to the autocross this weekend I just need to bring myself and my car? What about the track instruction Dean was talking about out at RFR?

Dean 2008-07-24 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detritus (Post 121704)
Yeah I had fun. I just wish I could go every week. So if I want to come out to the autocross this weekend I just need to bring myself and my car? What about the track instruction Dean was talking about out at RFR?

Yep, yourself, your car, driver's license and some cash. Make sure you leave most of the junk in your car at home and that your battery is tied down and no major mechanical issues as your car will have to pass a basic safety inspection.

I'll let Nick or Kevin tell you how much as I can't keep track of all the new membership and what not stuff.

Reno SCCA does have a track day coming up August 9th. Here is the link

Classroom and in-car instruction is part of the PDX program. At this time, it appears we will be using the lower horsepower course which is a nice easy to remember course with some challenging sections to learn on. Not quite as technical as Course B we ran last week, but still fun. Let me nkow if you have any questions.

Dewey 2008-07-25 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 121713)
Yep, yourself, your car, driver's license and some cash. Make sure you leave most of the junk in your car at home and that your battery is tied down and no major mechanical issues as your car will have to pass a basic safety inspection.

I'll let Nick or Kevin tell you how much as I can't keep track of all the new membership and what not stuff.

Reno SCCA does have a track day coming up August 9th. Here is the link

Classroom and in-car instruction is part of the PDX program. At this time, it appears we will be using the lower horsepower course which is a nice easy to remember course with some challenging sections to learn on. Not quite as technical as Course B we ran last week, but still fun. Let me nkow if you have any questions.

i am very interested, i would kill to get that kind of track time, i am just worried about my car holding up and i dont have that kind of money readily available because im trying to move on the 15th.. however, i will let you know.
thanks Dean,
chris

Shoobie 2008-08-01 11:06 PM

Hey guys, thanks for having me yesterday. I was the quiet guy at the end of the table. Sorry if you thought I was wierd :huh: but I just don't talk much. You guys are a great bunch of people (Dean and Cory were hilarious) and I hope that I can come out for the meets more often!

Nick Koan 2008-08-02 08:51 AM

Yeah man, any time you want to come out feel free. Good to have you out there.

MPREZIV 2008-08-02 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoobie (Post 122018)
... (Dean and Cory were hilarious) ...

But looks aren't everything!! :lol:

aww I just burned myself dammit :(

We've had quite a few new faces in the last couple of weeks! Nice to see!

Bob Danger 2008-08-02 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPREZIV (Post 122022)
We've had quite a few new faces in the last couple of weeks! Nice to see!

Liar!

MPREZIV 2008-08-02 08:46 PM

:lol:

Joeyy 2008-08-03 11:42 AM

Hope to see you all on Thursday after an afternoon at the kart track.

zpeed 2008-08-04 06:48 AM

It's night race at the kart track this Sat. But I'll be practice on Sunday.

Joeyy 2008-08-04 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpeed (Post 122060)
It's night race at the kart track this Sat. But I'll be practice on Sunday.

I'll be working turn number one at the night race.

Emboyoyo 2008-08-04 12:01 PM

I'll be out again this thursday!

MPREZIV 2008-08-31 06:37 PM

Going to Hawaii for the week!!! See you bitches on the 11th!

Dewey 2008-08-31 08:21 PM

you lucky bastard ^

MattR 2008-09-04 12:42 PM

Hello, I'm an old member here, does your car club still meet on thursday nights?

Dean 2008-09-04 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR (Post 122922)
Hello, I'm an old member here, does your car club still meet on thursday nights?

Yes, but just for you... :P You actually coming tonight?

MattR 2008-09-04 03:55 PM

I was thinking about it.

Tahoe C5 2008-09-11 04:43 PM

Will there be a fruit cup?

Dewey 2008-09-11 04:53 PM

^ you can probably have them make you one...

sperry 2008-10-09 09:18 PM

Hey who is it on the board that's got the "not an STI"? (I'm terrible at matching up usernames and faces.)

I was following you home after the meet and kept thinking that there was just something off about your car... then I realized it: your brake lights are wired in-side-out! Maybe you rewired them that way on purpose, but your brake lights are on instead of your tail-lights, and your tail-lights light up when you hit the brakes.

Just thought I'd mention it in case it was a mistake by whoever installed the lights on the car... 'cause your tail-lights are damn bright, and your brake lights may actually be a little hard to see in the day-time.

Dewey 2008-10-09 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry (Post 124146)
Hey who is it on the board that's got the "not an STI"? (I'm terrible at matching up usernames and faces.)

I was following you home after the meet and kept thinking that there was just something off about your car... then I realized it: your brake lights are wired in-side-out! Maybe you rewired them that way on purpose, but your brake lights are on instead of your tail-lights, and your tail-lights light up when you hit the brakes.

Just thought I'd mention it in case it was a mistake by whoever installed the lights on the car... 'cause your tail-lights are damn bright, and your brake lights may actually be a little hard to see in the day-time.

That's me, I read a tutorial about JDM tail lights, and it is a mod that I did, thinking it would be good, but maybe I may need to rethink the way it works.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention Scott.
-Chris

sperry 2008-10-09 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewmudgeon (Post 124148)
That's me, I read a tutorial about JDM tail lights, and it is a mod that I did, thinking it would be good, but maybe I may need to rethink the way it works.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention Scott.
-Chris

Does the kit change the intensity of the lights? The tail-lights looked plenty bright as brake lights at night, but if they're the same bulbs, they might not be all that bright in the day.