Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Season Pass Plans? (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8070)

cody 2009-09-02 10:32 AM

Season Pass Plans?

I'm seriously considering the Mt Rose "Pink Slip" Season Pass. But I'm sort of burnt out on Mt. Rose. Anything comparable?

Anyone else planning to get some snow fun in this year?

k-dogg39 2009-09-02 01:03 PM

I bought a Squaw pass a few months ago when it was super cheap.:D They are usually so expensive, and the deal this year was too good to pass up. I'm sure this will be the only year where I could afford one there.

cody 2009-09-02 01:13 PM

Well thanks for telling me about it! :P

Jeikun 2009-09-02 02:12 PM

let me know where you decide. I'm also lookin for some cheap season passes. There's always night ski/snowboarding at uhhh... that one resort...

k-dogg39 2009-09-02 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cody (Post 139237)
Well thanks for telling me about it! :P

I thought everybody knew about that sale... :lol::P

GusGus91 2009-09-02 05:05 PM

I'm getting a double whammy Limited pass for Northstar and Sierra. Holidays are blacked out. But the day's that you cant use it at Northstar, you can use it at Sierra at Tahoe. And also getting a night pass to Boreal.

doubleurx 2009-09-02 08:16 PM

Alpines Sunday through Friday pass is still $399. It was $299 a month or so ago.

I'm getting that and I already got the Squaw pass earlier - $369 - crazy!

DUB 2009-09-02 09:57 PM

I always get a Heavenly and a Sierra/N-Star Double Whammy.

tysonK 2009-09-03 06:52 AM

I really like going to different places during the season. I know it's expensive that way but it's so nice seeing different scenery every time you go.

It seem like everywhere it's about $65 for a day lift. So after five times I should have just bought a pass somewhere but Im afraid I'll get bored. So tempted to get a Alpine pass and hang with Nick!

'll probably get a day at Vail, CO this winter also when I visit my sister!

cody 2009-09-03 08:37 AM

I'm bummed I missed out on the Squaw pass. I'll have to pay better attention next Summer. But I think I'll do like I did last year and not buy a pass anywhere. Like Tyson, I like to be a free agent, not commited to one place. This is especially useful for meeting up with friends who come up for the day from CA. They tend to want to go to Alpine, Squaw, or N. Star, etc.

However, Rose has crazy cheap deals on beginner packages with gear, bunny slope pass, and a class you can attend if you want. It's like $60, which is less than half of what it would be at other places, so I tend to go to Rose with the GF, since she's only been boarding a couple times...

WRXlerate 2009-09-04 09:06 PM

If you plan on going on the weekends, I would get the Northstar/Sierra and pay the extra for the Vert plus so your time waiting in line is much less. That is my plan now that I have weekends off. I can not stand waiting in line for 20+ minutes each run...drives me nuts!!!

wrxkidid 2009-09-08 11:19 PM

Alpine college pass ftw. 300 bucks or I might spring for the 650$ and snag a pair of those custom Moment/Alpine Meadow skis they are doing this year.

I have always had multiple passes but college budgets don't help the skiing cause. A boreal college pass might be in the mix though. 99 bucks and it is a day and night pass for mon-fri besides holidays but i only really ride there at night after class for a quick little sesh.

knucklesplitter 2009-09-09 08:18 AM

I used to get a Rose pass and a Kirkwood pass. The drive to Kirkwood just sucks though, and that ain't the same mountain it used to be (as far as crowds and powder preservation go). I spend about half my days in the backcountry splitboarding (get it? knuckle... splitter?), and someday I think that may approach 100%. But for now I will just get a Rose pass for easy powder days when avy danger is high and for nice riding days when the BC isn't worth it.