Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   User Classifieds (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   PnP STI Headers (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9488)

GusGus91 2011-08-17 04:09 PM

PnP STI Headers

SOLD

GusGus91 2011-08-18 11:10 AM

Hmm.. well I really dont want these in my garage. How about $50

cody 2011-08-18 12:27 PM

OEM and in good condition? If these are the exact same as my stock ones, but simply port and polished, I'll take 'em. Crosspipe included?

GusGus91 2011-08-18 12:53 PM

Yea OEM. Good condition as in, nothing is wrong with them, never been hit on anything, just normal driving in the elements type of wear. Yes, simple PnP. The pnp is the reason I bought them in the first place. Yes crosspipe is included.

cody 2011-08-18 01:10 PM

I don't think MY 2008 headers are the same as mine. What year STi are these off?

GusGus91 2011-08-18 01:18 PM

They're off 2004 sti. These are coming off my wrx. I bought them from Stichris on here.

GusGus91 2011-08-18 10:46 PM

SOLD

cody 2013-03-27 10:11 AM

I couldn't even tell these were PnP'd from looking at them, and even if they were, I didn't expect to be able to notice a difference, but after heat wrapping and installing these stock headers on Monday, the car feels way more powerful. I guess it could be placebo, but thanks again for the awesome deal Austin!

And thanks to my OEM manifold for finally spitting out the plug in the old EGT hole prompting me to finally install these. :) I like how the part was $50 but the gaskets and heat wrap were over $100.

sperry 2013-03-27 10:20 AM

I would have skipped the heat wrap and just gone with OEM heatshields if possible. Heat wrap on a daily driven car tends to get nasty, can cause rust issues if it holds water after driving in the wet, and can be a fire hazard if it ever soaks up any oil.

Keep an eye on them Cody. And if/when it starts to get mangy, consider getting them coated or going back to the stock sheetmetal.

cody 2013-03-27 10:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry (Post 163610)
I would have skipped the heat wrap and just gone with OEM heatshields if possible. Heat wrap on a daily driven car tends to get nasty, can cause rust issues if it holds water after driving in the wet, and can be a fire hazard if it ever soaks up any oil.

Keep an eye on them Cody. And if/when it starts to get mangy, consider getting them coated or going back to the stock sheetmetal.

Oh, I heat wrapped my previous manifolds 8 or 9 years ago and they were fine. Not sure if they will rust faster or slower now that I live in the Bay Area, but most things on my car rusted more when I lived in Reno, due to the drives over the hill.

I use a sealant that helps prevent liquids from soaking into the wrap and I do retain the stock heat shields so it should be just as safe and probably more effective than ceramic coating.

The sealant and wrap does offgas some nasty fumes on the first hard drive, which is why I banged that out Monday night after the install.

Here are pics of my old manifold vs. the new one. The heat wrap on the OEM one would be in better shape but years ago I was installing and uninstalling the manifolds a lot and ripped it.

GusGus91 2013-03-27 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cody (Post 163609)
I couldn't even tell these were PnP'd from looking at them, and even if they were, I didn't expect to be able to notice a difference, but after heat wrapping and installing these stock headers on Monday, the car feels way more powerful. I guess it could be placebo, but thanks again for the awesome deal Austin!

And thanks to my OEM manifold for finally spitting out the plug in the old EGT hole prompting me to finally install these. :) I like how the part was $50 but the gaskets and heat wrap were over $100.

Holy thread resurrection! Glad they're working out for you!