Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   GT4 Challenge (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4112)

tysonK 2006-01-23 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bxracer69
i gotta get a wheel

http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cl...r=&scoring=mrd

M3n2c3 2006-01-23 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
There is no way the 6 or so steps on the "analog" buttons can match the 1000 or so steps on my pedals. Just for example, can you hold say 3400 rpm at the start of a race w/ the analog buttons? How about rev the car between 3000 and 4000 smoothly?

Sure those buttons are pressure sensative, but they're nowhere close enough to what I'm used to with the pedals to allow my driving style to come over to the dual shock.

That's the big issue with steering, too. The Dualshock works, but it doesn't work well. The range of motion on the stick is way too small, like this |-------| as opposed to a wheel's |------------------------------|. A wheel's gonna be superior, hands down, unless you're just running a 1/4mi or something.

Personally, I'm using the right thumbstick for gas/brake. I can't left-foot brake that way, but it's certainly more sensitive than the face buttons.

bemani 2006-01-23 07:00 PM

Ugh someone better beat Scott, I keep running 13.6-7s now, I'm just going to give up.

sperry 2006-01-23 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bemani
Ugh someone better beat Scott, I keep running 13.6-7s now, I'm just going to give up.

Noooo! Don't do that... I *know* I can turn a 1'12, but I don't have the motivation to do it if you're not pushing me! :lol:

You've still got till 11:30 pm tomorrow! Either way, it looks like you'll probably be picking the next challenge, so start thinking! :)

JonnydaJibba 2006-01-24 08:16 AM

I got a 1 13.5somethingsomething... It's too bad I can't remember off the top of my head what it is. I'll have to go look. But it's definately a 1 13.5xx. Scott maybe you should just beat that so I don't have to go home and look what I got?

cody 2006-01-24 08:45 AM

I dipped into the 1:18's last night. I cannot keep the car on the track. Hopefully tonight I can do better.

sperry 2006-01-24 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnydaJibba
I got a 1 13.5somethingsomething... It's too bad I can't remember off the top of my head what it is. I'll have to go look. But it's definately a 1 13.5xx. Scott maybe you should just beat that so I don't have to go home and look what I got?

You can look at what you got all you want, but you gotta post up a screen cap for it to count. :P

JonnydaJibba 2006-01-24 09:46 AM

Wtf is a screen cap? Screen shot? I don't have a way to post pictures, I said that on the first page I'm pretty sure. The only way you could actually see the time is if you came to my house, or somebody took my memory card...

cody 2006-01-24 09:48 AM

Jonny, you have a computer but no way to get pictures from your digital camera to it? You could get a card reader for less than $30 probably.

JonnydaJibba 2006-01-24 09:51 AM

Well you see...I have a comp...here at work. I have a comp at home too, but it needs fixing. So it's been sitting collecting dust for about a year. Therefore, I can't get pictures on here!

cody 2006-01-24 09:52 AM

No camera phone either I take it?

sperry 2006-01-24 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cody
Jonny, you have a computer but no way to get pictures from your digital camera to it? You could get a card reader for less than $30 probably.

Sorry to say, but... we're past the halfway point of the 1st decade of the 21st century... you should be able to figure out some way to post a digital picture on the internet by now. :P ;)

JonnydaJibba 2006-01-24 09:55 AM

I know how to Scott. I'm not ABLE to. And it's not exactly worth my time to go somewhere and upload some pictures just to say I got a faster lap time then somebody in a video game.

*Sorry, little bitter. Been a rough morning. I probably could find some way to upload pictures but it's pretty far down my list of things to do.

sperry 2006-01-24 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnydaJibba
I know how to Scott. I'm not ABLE to. And it's not exactly worth my time to go somewhere and upload some pictures just to say I got a faster lap time then somebody in a video game.

*Sorry, little bitter. Been a rough morning. I probably could find some way to upload pictures but it's pretty far down my list of things to do.

I didn't mean to imply you couldn't understand how to do it... I was saying you should be able to figure out a way to get it done. A friend w/ a camera and a PC or something. Hell, take a cell phone picture, and email it to me, I'll post it in the thread.

JonnydaJibba 2006-01-24 10:17 AM

Yeah sorry for that response. Got in a little fender bender this morning so I'm kinda cranky.

cody 2006-01-24 10:23 AM

Sorry to hear it Jonny. Lame.

M3n2c3 2006-01-24 11:32 AM

Damn. How bendered is your fender? I mean, if ya wanna talk about it. . . :( If not, I can understand

JonnydaJibba 2006-01-24 11:46 AM

My bumper has some scratches and is cracked a little, not too bad, sags now like half an inch. Side corner light is toast, but that's cheap. Fender may be misshapen, but I haven't inspected it too closely. Hood is a little, ever so slightly bowed. I have the parts to swap all that out so I'm not too bummed out. I just hope my insurance isn't too affected by it. I can't afford any more bills then I have now, I can barely get those ones outta the way.

bemani 2006-01-24 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry
Noooo! Don't do that... I *know* I can turn a 1'12, but I don't have the motivation to do it if you're not pushing me! :lol:

You've still got till 11:30 pm tomorrow! Either way, it looks like you'll probably be picking the next challenge, so start thinking! :)

Okay Scott, you can try for your 12 now.
Damn it, I was running with the gear ratio on 250kph max (1 notch lower), and just for kicks I put it back where it was normally and the first lap I ran I got this time.
That's why I am against messing with the cars, because I suck at these things.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83...2/DSC01584.jpg

cody 2006-01-24 07:31 PM

Man, I have to go out with hot chicks so I won't have time to play tonight. :(

sperry 2006-01-24 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cody
Man, I have to go out with hot chicks so I won't have time to play tonight. :(

You don't have to make up excuses about why you're so slow. :P

And Alan, I don't think I'm gonna have time tonight to go for that lap... I'm watching a moobie rightaboutnow.

sperry 2006-01-24 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I lied... snuck in another lap: 1'13.393.

MattR 2006-01-24 11:22 PM

Sweet....You got it. I tried and struggled with the looseness of that car.

sperry 2006-01-24 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattR
Sweet....You got it. I tried and struggled with the looseness of that car.

What's funny is that that 1'13.3 lap has just as many mistakes as the laps you saw me running, except after you left I made a conscious effort to slow down my hands, so the mistakes hurt my speed less, and suddenly I'm a second faster.

sperry 2006-01-25 12:34 AM

Okay, here my in-car video, as well as a screen cap to prove the car was touching the racing surface over that burm in the esses:

Normally I don't cut off quite that much as it doesn't really save you time since the dirt de-stabilizes the car, but I happened to turn in a little early on that lap and kept my foot in it instead of correcting.

And here's a picture of my sweet dorifto! :lol:

Since I picked this challenge, bemani, it's your call for the next challenge! :cool: Also, nice work on this one, I had fun battling back and forth... it was a major adrenaline rush for me to try to beat that last lap you set down with the 11:30 deadline pressing me. Every time I got around the 1st hairpin ahead of my ghost car, my heart would start pounding... then I'd fuck up the drift or the last hairpin and miss a faster lap. On the lap I actually did it on, I was behind my ghost all the way till the drift, which is where I made the pass and held on for a new low time! :cool: