Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras

Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (https://www.seccs.org/forums/index.php)
-   Website News & Issues (https://www.seccs.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Server will be down Friday morning 6/25/04! (https://www.seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1566)

sperry 2004-06-22 11:59 AM

Server will be down Friday morning 6/25/04!

I guess 1and1 needs to do some "maintenence"... maybe it's time to blow the dust out of the server's fans. :lol:

Quote:

Due to essential maintenance, your server will need be to be shutdown by our data-center engineers for a short time on 06/25/04 at 6.00 AM, and then restarted.

Please note that after the restart, you will need to check that your server has restarted correctly. In particular, it may be the case that some services or processes which you had running on the server will not have started correctly. It is recommended that you make a complete backup of your server before the scheduled shutdown and check the configuration of your daemons and note which ones should start automatically. After the restart, you should then check that all daemons are running.

1and1 apologizes for the short notice and any inconvenience which may be caused as a result of this essential maintenance.
I will be running backups tonight, so we should be cool. Since the server's *never* been restarted since we got it (Linux rules!), please note and report any wierd issues that might come up after the reboot.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

MikeSTI 2004-06-22 12:07 PM

man if they shutdown at 6:00am and then restart this site wont miss a beat :lol: (most of us dont get on tell 8 to 9 am) :D

sperry 2004-06-22 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSTI
man if they shutdown at 6:00am and then restart this site wont miss a beat :lol: (most of us dont get on tell 8 to 9 am) :D

That what I'm hoping! But, the server's never been rebooted... there's a pretty good chance I don't have everything configured just right to come up cleanly. I may have to login and manually get things going.

MikeSTI 2004-06-22 01:57 PM

the real funny thing is even if you bumped this thread thursday night I still will try to log in friday before i remember :lol:

sperry 2004-06-22 02:35 PM

Quote:

the real funny thing is even if you bumped this thread thursday night I still will try to log in friday before i remember :lol:

Well, my guess is on Friday, it'll either work fine, or you'll get nothing. :lol:

MattR 2004-06-22 02:55 PM

Quote:

Speak for yourself :lol: I usually log in by 7 am each day. Dammit, my Friday is ruined.

MikeSTI 2004-06-23 07:15 AM

:lol: :lol:

ArthurS 2004-06-25 08:00 AM

I see it went through flawlessly. 8)

sperry 2004-06-25 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArthurS
I see it went through flawlessly. 8)

Seems okay, but until I log in and check the up-time counter, I can't even be sure that the site went down at all to begin with.

Hopefully it's been rebooted, and now we know that everything comes up correctly.

MikeSTI 2004-06-25 09:27 AM

:lol: :lol: just got on a few minutes ago had no problems and didn't even remember that it might be down :lol: