View Single Post
Old 2009-04-09, 01:47 PM   #26
20psiMR
EJ18

Car: 06 Evolution MR
Class: #20 SM

Do WORK son!

Thats the plan. The shop that did the tranny would have had to pull the axles (at least you do in the evo, ive done 10 of those or so) so they should warranty it. Im not too worried about it, just dont want her to run low while driving around. I plan on changing it as soon as I get home from Oklahoma and we get the seal fixed.

I use german castrol syntorq LT, its 75w85 GL5 and serious butter. The stock fluid in the 6 speed evo is 75w85, and this is the only one I have found that matches it completely and performs way better. You can get it at quad4x4.com but its expensive, 35 bucks for 2 quarts. This is the same stuff used in the nv4500 trannys that had overheating issues before they switched to the syntorq. GM syncromesh is the same stuff actually, but its cheaper and this is the german variant from quad4x4, who knows what GM might add to their jugs. Dodge also started putting this in the Viper tranny so you can get the mopar stuff too, and a guy on the evo forum has been sending his in to blackstone every 10k and they have written great stuff about it back to him. Thats whats going in the subie too =P

For the transfer case and rear diff, I change that every 10k and use stock mitsu diaqueen LSD which is a GL4 75w90. I might check out the motul 300v though, its good stuff just expensive. But the diaqueen does rock, and I get it for 35 bucks a gallon at Allison. He wanted 50 but I talked him down hehe. I'll probably just use that in the subie too, it would probably work really well. Too many people have "deathwhined" and summarily grenaded their tcase and diff by using anything other then stock. Tranny you can improve with non-stock fluids, but its a costly mistake if you go cheap on the tcase/diff.
Chris #20 SM
ROBISPEC ///
WORKS / WHITELINE / ADVAN RS / RE-01R / ZEITRONIX
PERFORMANCE FRICTION / ETS / FERODO / COSWORTH

My Picture Thread and Dyno Sheet
Tuned by ME!

Last edited by 20psiMR; 2009-04-09 at 01:58 PM.
20psiMR is offline   Reply With Quote