View Single Post
Old 2009-04-28, 09:17 PM   #11
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

550-$600 is the best i'm seeing from a wrecker. maybe 100-200 from a buddy or even cheaper .. But i'm not quite capable of doing the swap myself. and i'm on a big project @ work and really only have weekends (and apartment parking space to work in) to try a swap... I could maybe use a friends garage and just man up and put in 20 hours and get it done ...

I'll hit up Rallitek about the piggy back. is that going to be like under $300 ? under $600? hmm... yeah if i can find a motor that's doing +/- 3 of 140 That would really mean no point in doing a full motor rebuild. That's a really good plan.

Should i try and leak down test my current motor and see if its only a head issue?

I really want an LSD, but mostly because i got my car stuck in some ruts on the 2nd rally of High Desert Trails. sweep pulled me out and i passed sweep to avoid a DNF, but i ran a stage time of 30 minutes, instead of an 8.5x type time.. got 2nd in the first rally, missing first place by 12 seconds with a total time of 33 minutes 30 seconds over 4 stages. A healthy motor would have made that up for sure.... Or not smacking into a berm so hard i nearly got stuck. or any of my 100+ mistakes... ... motor is easier to fix

I suspect the car would be 3 seconds faster with an LSD as i have to launch with a very light throttle foot to avoid hearing my rev limiter but not actually moving anywhere...

Brakes #1 Priority. probably order them tomorrow !
Strut rebuild .. ( I could see needing 2 rebuilds a year i drive them a lot)

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote