View Single Post
Old 2009-10-03, 05:55 PM   #1197
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libila View Post
Yea, if you don't have a 360 then buy it for sure. You'll need something to tie you over until GT5 comes out
Yeah, so far the game is pretty good. I like how you can get points for driving clean precise laps, or by driving aggressive and 'tradin paint'. It seems like driving clean (especially the mastering corners part) really pays off much more.

And its definitely much more of a real racing sim than any Need For Speed to date (except maybe the first one, which was pretty decent at the time). When you said it was the GTR devs, I was thinking SimBin, but its actually the guys who worked with SimBin on the GTR stuff. Regardless, its obvious they are going more for their work on GTR, GTR2 and GT Legends than any of the old NFS games.

I'm sucking like crazy with the regular controller though, and my old OG Playstation wheel isn't working. So, its a good excuse to pick up the new GT5 Logitech wheel (especially since its on sale right now at Amazon). I figure, even if this game sucks with a wheel, I'll still need one for GT5 when it finally comes out.