View Single Post
Old 2010-03-02, 05:57 PM   #59
eggeegg
EJ22

Car: 2006 Subaru WRX Sedan

Trying is the first step towards failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
I think I already posted here that I'm paying $110 for one HD DVR, HBO and Cinemax, and "10 Mb" internet. After 12 months it goes up to like $160 but I'll just renegotiate (like I always do) or switch. What keeps me with Charter is the fast internet (with no BW caps) and no dish/wires to deal with. I also like the ability to hook up a TV in any room to the cable connection in the wall and it works without a box. I wouldn't mind another DVR for the bedroom though.

I have the older Moxi with only DVI and component out. I guess the newer ones don't let you connect an external USB drive but does anyone know if they have better picture quality? The picture quality sucks on mine for two reasons. HD looks fine until there is a lot of movement...then it pixelates and SD sometimes has a vertical line in the middle of the screen that comes and goes.
I just recently downgraded (was paying $170 for the "biggest bundle", but would be much higher after 24 months). Now I'm also paying roughly $110 with their slowest internet speed, one HD DVR and one HD box, and no premium channels. Going to just stream Netflix through the PS3 and get Blu-Rays/DVDs on the side.

I was told the speeds they offer are actually now 15Mbps (although some other customer service reps may say 5 or 10 as their lowest), 25, and 60Mbps. I'm also getting around 20Mbps with their slowest speed.

You should trade in the old Moxi and get their newer Motorola HD DVR (model DCX3400). There is significantly less pixelation when displaying fast moving pictures. Plus it has HDMI out.

Stage 2 (XPT); Cobb DP; SPT intake, heatshield, CBE, radiator shroud, turbo shield; STI pink springs;Whiteline 20-24mm RSB; Kartboy End Links; rally pig sticker; 5zigen FN01R-C 17x8 w/ 225/45/17 RE960 AS PP; Hella twin supertones

Last edited by eggeegg; 2010-03-02 at 06:01 PM.
eggeegg is offline   Reply With Quote