View Single Post
Old 2010-06-07, 05:28 PM   #29
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
If a person inside feels that they want to be with people of the same gender, then why wouldn't they act upon it?
The world today has the "if it feels good, do it" and "don't tell me what I can and can't do" mentality.

Nothing is wrong with having a strong relationship with a person of the same sex. I have male friends that I love and would give my life for. It is natural to have love for a person of the same gender. It is unnatural to have sexual intercourse with them. It all comes back to a persons actions. Everything you do in life has consequences. For those that believe the bible, homosexuality has serious consequences.

For those who don't believe the bible, take God out of the equation. Medically speaking there are numerous risks involved with same gender sex. Not only that but, the human body is not designed for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Imagine this. A gay person tells you that you weren't actually born as a heterosexual, you are just choosing to be that way. They tell you that if you weren't so sinful you could choose to have sex with people of the same gender.

How would that make you feel having someone tell you something like that. How would you even feel about the thought of having sex with someone of the same gender?

Now how do you think your ridiculous intolerant attitude makes a gay person feel?
I don't think I have ever told anyone how to live their life or imposed my own belief on them. There are however, many that do. Look at it from a different angle. Think back to when you were a kid. I am sure that at one time your dad told you not to play in the street. Did he say that because he wanted to suck all the fun out of your life? No, he probably said it to keep you safe from harm.

As children we don't always understand our parents rules and guidelines. As we grow older and mature it becomes clear that many of the things our parents did were for our benefit.

As imperfect humans it is impossible to understand all of God's thoughts. We do however have his word that is filled with guidelines to help us live a happy fulfilling life. 2 Peter 3:9 tells us that God "does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance."

I could be a real pain in the butt when I was a kid. There were many times that I disobeyed my dad and he would discipline me. Some times I even got spanked for the crap I did. Did that mean my dad didn't love me? No, quite the opposite. My dad cared about me a great deal and wanted me to grow up to be a good man. This is the same as our relationship with our heavenly father. Hebrews 12:11 says "True, no discipline seems for the present to be joyous, but grievous; yet afterward to those who have been trained by it it yields peaceable fruit, namely, righteousness."

hows that for long winded.