Old 2010-06-13, 02:12 AM   #121
bigrobwoot
EJ251

Car: 2019 CBS WRX Premium
Class: Middle

Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but unable? Then He is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. No He's testing us. If God forces your actions, then you are nothing but a puppet and there's nothing to Judge you upon who goes to heaven and who goes to hell if everyone's actions are controlled.

I'de say if God was controlling my even action, now that would be malevolent. You should already know this by now, if not from the Bible, then just through common sense.

We tend to call dictators Evil because they Can and DO control the actions of others (against their will)
If God is all-knowing, and he knows what is in our hearts, why does he need to test us? He knows how we will react, so why make even his most devout, loyal followers suffer?

Stopping horrible things from happening to you does not have to include controlling anything you do. He doesn't have to give your child type 1 diabetes, autism, cancer, etc. to keep you (and your innocent child, for that matter) from suffering. Not creating Hitler sure would have prevented a lot of suffering. Not introducing terrible people to anthrax would have saved a few lives, not showing those kids from Columbine or Virginia Tech how to get their hands on guns would have helped... I think that's enough examples.