View Single Post
Old 2010-10-11, 07:30 AM   #4
knucklesplitter
EJ205

Wish in one hand and sh*t in the other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebell108 View Post
OK... first off, hello all. Im new to the fourm and somewhat new to the RENO scca...
I drive a 05sti with a few mods, and am currently running a accessport base map(provided with accessport). Yet, i dont think im really squeezing any juice outta the car. My cars peak boost is somewhere around 12.5 and 14.0lbs depending on what gear its in when i "stomp" on it... And quite frankly, ive "babied" the car for the last 40,000 miles other then a few scca solo events =P... Anywho, i want more out of the car. Running my accessport has kept me from throwing CE's and having to reset my ecu... But i know my accessport has alot more potential then what im getting from it.. HELP!? Im somewhat looking for someone to put a custom map or a few custom maps on the accessports "map storage" or w.e. Any adivise on who to call, who i can call, who to talk to, or even to get rid of the accessport and go with a open source.. Phone numbers? Answers? Anyone willing to help!? I would like to stay local (Reno, Nv) and help someone else who might need the quick small cash....
Thanks,
BRANDON108
The only advantages to Accessport over open source is the map switching and maybe the logging/monitoring capabilities IMO.

12-14psi is not much boost, especially if you have an aftermarket downpipe. Keep in mind a couple things though - lower gears do not have time to build full boost, and the ECU runs lower boost at elevation than at sea level. Often off-the-shelf maps do not boost properly up here at elevation either.

I have a shop in Sparks called KSpeed Automotive and can do an open source tunes or V2 AccessPort tunes. It takes about 2 hours, and I make a base map, get the car hitting target boost, check the fueling, check for knock and adjust timing accordingly. Give us a call - 284-1011 or stop by - 1009 Greg St.
knucklesplitter is offline   Reply With Quote