View Single Post
Old 2004-04-01, 09:32 AM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default Bad news for Reno SCCA AutoX

For those of you not on the RenoSCCA mailing list, here's a copy the news from Dave:

Quote:
Fellow Reno Region SCCA Members,

The following message is from Dave Deborde.

Thanks,

Eric

Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 7:10 PM
To: egangloff@aol.com
Subject: Stead Airport Closure

Eric, please forward this to the Reno SCCA mailing list.

As many of you are aware, Reno Region has been using Stead Airport as its primary autocross facility. Unfortunately, I was informed Wednesday morning that we will no long have access to this location. Apparently the Porsche Car Club of America and the Western States Corvette Club have joined together to out-bid us for the site, and Stead has decided their offer is impossible to refuse.

We are currently seeking legal recourse against Stead's decision, and we are looking for alternative sites. Unfortunately, all this will take time, so it seems that this season's Stead events will have to be postponed indefinitely. The events scheduled for Winnemucca, Hawthorne and Lovelock will still be run, but all local Stead events, including the Divisional will most likely be cancelled unless we can find an alternate facility in the next few days.

My deepest apologies to the members of the Reno SCCA. I will update everyone with more information as it becomes available, and this will be the primary topic for next Wednesday's monthly meeting.

Thank You
Dave Deborde
Regional Executive, Reno SCCA
So, it looks like our season is totally fucked. At this point I might as well sell my car and get that STi, since my class doesn't really matter anymore, does it.

Plus this will prolly wax the SubyDude cup as well... unless SD will let us run for the Cup with only 3 events.

I guess now's a good time to get into track days and work on getting RallyX running. Maybe the Solo1 program will benefit from this?