View Single Post
Old 2011-07-22, 09:50 AM   #2
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

It looks like the episodes are going to suck just as much as they ever did, but the commentary might still be brilliant. I love that they lambast MTV's other dumb shows... which I guess is a given since it's not like there are music videos on MTV anymore to make fun of. In fact, I think it could be even funnier to tear into reality shows than it was to rip on the videos. The Jersey Shore voiceover had me laughing... "if they like, did this chart long enough, they could find out where herpes began".

It's just a shame that the plot based part of the show still looks terrible... the genius of Beavis and Butthead was never the cartoon, it was all with Mike Judge's ad-libbing over the videos. It would have been nice if they had elevated the cartoon to the level of the movie, which was 100 times better. The question is, is Mike too old to be funny to the kids that watch MTV now, or will it just be funny to the 30-ish crowd that remember the original? Or maybe the current crop of MTV viewers are dumb enough to enjoy the crap cartoon side of the show, leaving the actual funny part for us old folks.