Old 2011-08-31, 01:33 PM   #45
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
So how did it feel on the track? you went with the poly urethane right ?
Yeah, I had the poly in there at the track, but the rubber STi bushings are on order... I'll be putting them back in this weekend, the urethane is just too noisy around town. Maybe if Reno didn't seem to slurry seal the streets around here every year I'd leave them, because the extra caster is really nice... but the roughness of the slurry just results in this constant low growl of noise at any speed over about 10 mph... it's so bad it shakes all the change in my ashtray.

Anyway, at the track, the car did pretty well. I'm not sure how much the LCA bushings contributed to the handling because the wheels, tires, and coilovers were all new since my last track day. I'm going to guess the tires made about 80% of the difference because the coilovers have just barely stiffer than stock spring rates.

I got a decent bit of rubbing up front on the leading edge of the tire on the inboard side of the fender liners, but it was much less than I was expecting. So little in fact that I bet I'll be okay once the rubber LCA bushings are back in there. I'll just have to take a look this weekend and see how bad it is... I may want some new liners before the winter just to keep water out of the inner fender area... we'll see how much damage there was.

In my last session of the day, I hooked up with Don Smith's miata for 5 or 6 laps and was able to keep up lap after lap... I was just barely slower than him in the corners, and easily faster on the straights. We ended up running some lead/follow back and forth for a bit, but when I push the wagon it starts getting pretty hot just like the WRX... water temps came up to the 1st line above normal, and oil temps were around 125C (about 260F) which is a little more than I wanted to see... but unlike the WRX, just taking a few slow laps, the car cooled back down.

Oh, and I never noticed hitting the LGT bumpstops.

Last edited by sperry; 2011-08-31 at 01:43 PM.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote