Old 2011-10-18, 09:36 AM   #24
GusGus91
EJ205

Car: 2006 WRB WRX TR, 2008 LR STI
Class: Too classy

Dont sweat the petty... Pet the sweaty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
I think he means "real cars" are those that aren't hellaflush. So, a $300,000 Ferrari stops being a "real" car if it's slammed so hard with pulled fenders and low offset wheels to the point where it can't drive around a parking lot, let alone a racetrack.

Personally, I love a car that's low and has massive wide tires on it. But as soon as you're so low, so wide, or so "flush" that the handling starts to suffer, you're wasting your time and money. So, like Kevin said, if you're trying to go low (both height and offset) just for looks and ruin the handling of the car, might as well save your money and get Rotas and some cheap/shitty tires. No point in nice, light wheels if you can't really drive on them.
Yea, and that I understand, but I'm not the type of person to go super low, pull my fenders and throw a ton of camber on there with a stretched tire on there... I'm like you when I say I like big wide wheels and tires do enjoy having a good handling car, and that's why I've thrown all the suspension stuff on the car, got a wide wheel, and got a grippy 265 series tire. And that's what I was planning on doing with these new wheels.. Wasnt going to go slammed and stretch a 225 series tire on there. It's just that most of these wheels that are 18x9.5-10" do have an offset that's +22 to +35, so yea they're gonna stick out of the fenders a bit, but I'm not looking to make my car un-driveable and stupid. I mean my car by all means is not a show car.. I drive the damn thing.