View Single Post
Old 2011-11-30, 04:38 PM   #1
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"
Default 4.44 or crawford ECU with new cams?

What route should be cheaper for me?

Currently my Impreza is geared to about 140 , but at the fastest rally I think i was only doing 105, 110

http://store.crawfordperformance.com...categories/249 so $329 for a reflashed ecu (after core ecu charge / rebate) which i could just drop in with my current Cams and get a small boost of 25-30 hp and 15-30 ft/lbs over stock. they say catless and upgraded headers, i need to retain stock headers (though they can be modified, IE wrapped or coated) and i need a cat (but i'm using a hi flow) . intake is free for me... But i think i would need (or want) more aggressive cams to take advantage of that route .. so i think add in $250 for new cams.

could i possible convert to a 4.44 final drive for $600 ?

Final drives are free, and i can use any part subaru put into an awd 93-01 impreza ... i believe the 95 awd impreza had a .825 5th gear. which would help ... but i rarely rarely ever get my car into 5th ... (combined with 4.44s would be more helpful)

I'm seariously leaning towards just a simple reflash. my check engine is always on and that makes it so i don't realize when i get a legitimate engine code . I keep getting knock sensor code (probably a bad sensor, but maybe an issue with my skid plate touching the exhaust) and I've had o2/cat codes a few times when one of the O2 sensors came disconnected.

Just wondering what others would do. I should be facing 2 new Open Lite competitors next season, one of them with a bit more of an "all out" build. think he's using an outback transmission for his gearing, stand alone ecu, and he's trying to install water injection (talk about an arms race) so I want to do something for some increased acceleration....

thoughts? suggestions? ideas?

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote