Old 2013-03-05, 10:58 PM   #16
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Awesome! That looks like you did some great work to it! Have you done any engine stuff? Thanks for sharing as well.
Does "7 new engines" count as "any engine stuff"? At least I think it's 7... might be 6 or 8, I can't remember now without checking a calendar and SCCA time trials standings from 2004 to now to see which events I'm not in.

The car currently has a GT52 on a mildly built EJ257, Perrin FMIC, TurboXS DP, and Prodrive cat-back. 6MT swap, hub swap, Stoptech front/2-pot rear brakes, Tein SuperRace suspension, and probably 100 other things I'm not remembering since I've owned the car since 2001. It's gone through a lot of revisions. I'm probably just going to part it out because I'm tired of tuning it and breaking it at the track. But I've had it so long, it's like cutting off a limb to sell it.

The Outback is stage 2 on BC coilovers, swaybars, and Stoptech front brakes. It's actually not terrible at the track... keeps up with the Miatas, as long as I'm willing to punish the snot out of the tires.

The Miata has FCM coilovers, a giant swaybar, and tires on it. Oh, and a freshly rebuilt engine thanks to Cory and Bob at KSpeed. It's more fun than the other two cars combined. But it's god-awful slow... hence the license plate: