View Single Post
Old 2013-04-23, 12:55 PM   #6
Double_Rs
EJ18

Car: 2007 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
I think people used to say the K&N Typhoon is one of the few intakes that isn't very dangerous without a tune, if I remember correctly. Also, consider checking the preload on your WG in case it is WG flutter.

See the "Edit" info and image, here:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425018
Thanks for the link Cody. I ruled out the wastegate when the flutter usually happens at throttle-lift. And from what I understand from reading online and hearing videos of wastegate flutter, it only happens during load and building up boost. Hopefully Kspeed will be able to tell me exactly what it is, and if it is the WG, then I'll be able to use that link as a guide.

As for the intake, I bought the car from CA with it on already. A day after I brought it over the hill to Reno, I threw a code for A/F too lean. The car ran fine still so I deleted the code to see if it'll come up again and babied the car keeping out of boost for a few days, and it never did (after the solo event, and many many power pulls). I'm guessing it was just the change in elevation, but I assume that the ecu adjusted itself the best it can since then.
Double_Rs is offline   Reply With Quote