View Single Post
Old 2013-04-23, 05:30 PM   #7
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Rs View Post
Thanks for the link Cody. I ruled out the wastegate when the flutter usually happens at throttle-lift. And from what I understand from reading online and hearing videos of wastegate flutter, it only happens during load and building up boost. Hopefully Kspeed will be able to tell me exactly what it is, and if it is the WG, then I'll be able to use that link as a guide.

As for the intake, I bought the car from CA with it on already. A day after I brought it over the hill to Reno, I threw a code for A/F too lean. The car ran fine still so I deleted the code to see if it'll come up again and babied the car keeping out of boost for a few days, and it never did (after the solo event, and many many power pulls). I'm guessing it was just the change in elevation, but I assume that the ecu adjusted itself the best it can since then.
Hmmm, it seems like WG flutter usually occurs at partial throttle with jived with your low boost comment, but not sure if it should be ocurring on throttle lift...that seems to point to the bypass valve, vacuum lines, or turbo, if I had to guess.