View Single Post
Old 2004-06-22, 11:59 AM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default Server will be down Friday morning 6/25/04!

I guess 1and1 needs to do some "maintenence"... maybe it's time to blow the dust out of the server's fans.

Quote:
Due to essential maintenance, your server will need be to be shutdown by our data-center engineers for a short time on 06/25/04 at 6.00 AM, and then restarted.

Please note that after the restart, you will need to check that your server has restarted correctly. In particular, it may be the case that some services or processes which you had running on the server will not have started correctly. It is recommended that you make a complete backup of your server before the scheduled shutdown and check the configuration of your daemons and note which ones should start automatically. After the restart, you should then check that all daemons are running.

1and1 apologizes for the short notice and any inconvenience which may be caused as a result of this essential maintenance.
I will be running backups tonight, so we should be cool. Since the server's *never* been restarted since we got it (Linux rules!), please note and report any wierd issues that might come up after the reboot.

Sorry for any inconvenience!