Old 2004-08-30, 06:20 PM   #259
skimonkey30
Mr. Romano

Car: 2013 F150
Class: Mellow Yellow

Rubbin's Racin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Thanks to everyone who came out!! The event was eleventy-billion times better than I could have expected! We had a much larger turnout that we thought we would, MattR probably knows the actually numbers better than I, but I'd guess there were 37 or 38 participants. And to think that a week before the event we only had 23 people paid.

The "B" group was a blast to run with. Everyone was very well mannered out on the track... I think the only off was one of the instructors who was out screwing around during the last session. Oh, and skimonkey... who's instructor told him to cut the esses so close he dropped 2 tires off and spread some dirt onto the track.... and then got black flagged for it.

And although I didn't run with them, the "A" group looked to have done an excellent job as well! By the end of the day, I'd bet the A cars were running at the same speeds as the B cars. I'm really stoked that so many of you are now hooked on the track day crack pipe.

The only big "oops" of the day came when the driver of the RX-8 (one of the schools students, not one of the people that signed up through our club) put the car into the dirt off turn 15. I guess he went into the corner a little hot, then lifted in the middle of the corner. He ended up sliding into the runoff... and eventually ran out of room and put the bumper into the dirt berm out there. The damage was all cosmetic, though, and he was back out on the track in the later sessions... minus the lower airdam.

I'm uploading all my (well, Nick's actually) pictures now... they should be available in a bit!

Thanks again to everyone that came out! Remember the next track day is just around the corner!
Got to love those black flags! Our cars are meant to run on gravel anyways so I figured I'd practice my gravel and tarmac running at the same time. I had to do a double take when he said go "completly striaght" through the esses. I think it actually messed up my setup for 5 and 6 because I carried to much speed.

Thanks again to Scott & Matt for putting this one together! I got home around 11:45 last night there were so many CHP on the way home I figured one lucky "exhaust ticket" break was enough for me so I took it kinda slow.