View Single Post
Old 2004-12-20, 04:29 PM   #5
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Aparently, there is some litigation going on... Aparently, Carobotech=relabled Hawk pads. Panther + = HP+ Bobcat = HPS... I have a set of the Panther +s sitting around for the Stoptechs.

I really like the new formula EBC Greens, I ran old and new formula exclusivly in the stock WRX calipers and they did quite well including on the track. And they are reasonably priced from Tire Rack, and may be even better with a Khail discount. For a performance pad, I have never seen one that stops as well cold as these, and still held up on the track.

I have the Axxis Ultimates in my Stoptechs, and aparently Mike had them at one track day, and I ran them at Infineon for 200 or so miles, plus proabably 5-10K street and they barely show any wear. I think with the larger Stoptech, and Brembo surface area, they can handle track days better than the stock WRX setup that Scott experienced. Also, as you get more experienced on the track, you brake less.

If you want slightly more heat resistance, I'd go for the Hawk HP+s also available at Tire Rack. Probably a little noisier than the EBCs.

There is no such thing as a non-dusting pad, and if you drive spiritedly, especially at a track, it is effectively molton goo being slung at your wheels at potentialy well over 100MPH. Waxing your wheels will help more than anything else, but just realize you will get "dust" period.

Also, Rotors are a wear item... Expect them to last only for 2-4 sets of high performance pads from any manufacturer.

Also, all performance pads may make noise. Again, it is the nature of the beast.

I have not tried Endless or Fedora, but they are some of the few pads I haven't tried since I started performance driving. Certianley not a common name thrown about in either the autocross or "track day" crowd, or I would have tried them by now.