ScottyS
EJ205

Car: 1998 Impreza Wagon, 1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan, 2003 Nissan Xterra
Class: tvFree

Yes, I'll fix it for you. Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qksubi

... because I dont run a front plate

I was the same way until about a month ago when the City of Reno meter maids dropped a $45 ticket on my window.

I was parked in public parking near UNR's main entrance. UNR's money-hungry nazis can't do anything about this little bit of free parking because of the public Evans Park that this particular parking services (I think the master plan calls for all this to go away in the far future, though), so they get the City meter maids to police the he** out of it.

Apparently it is illegal (news to me) to only have one plate, because I got back to my car after work to find a rain-soaked and frozen ticket that appeared to read "improper display". I called the Parking office and assumed the "polite and understanding" tone of voice with the lady manning the desk. She was quite surprised that I had received this ticket, and said that usually they just accompany other infractions. She said that I could just come down to the office and have it inspected and pay $5.

A few days later, after going to the OLD city hall location, I showed up at the old Wells Fargo building downtown that the City's Parking offices seem to have infested (try finding convenient parking there!). The lady at the counter asked me, "So, do you have your other plate on?" and I said, "Yes, would you like to come inspect it?" "No," she replied, "that will be $5."

Talk about a total waste of time!

Good ol' UNR has been slowly eliminating all forms of free parking around the campus, while at the same time moving cheap (~$50) parking out to where most of it is over a mile from the main entrance. Anything remotely near the main entrance costs over $100 (5 years ago these were $35). The ridiculous harrassment performed by UNR and City meter-maid squads in order to make $20 per ticket+ is just nuts. I laugh every time I see UNR clowned in the news.

edit: I kan speel, rite?