View Single Post
Old 2005-12-29, 10:26 AM   #18
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknv
You mean, that there's nothing in the rules for allowing 5 runs, (although only the first 3 count), right? I must be losing my mind, didn't we have fun runs on Sat.

But as steward, that's her role (make sure everybody's doing it 'right' according to the rulebook, because the out of region drivers for the most part expect things to be run by the book) -- sorry it affected you as bs.

But you reminded me of the other issue that's been discussed, that the divisional, as a series of Norpac events, doesn't provide the right incentives to get the participation that a divisional deserves.
The rules say minimum of 3, there is no limitation to 3. You could run 7 for all the rule book cares. We Ran 4 on Sat. two years ago, and Kattie had a caniption! The series can't look like the tour because it isn't. it has to find it's own character/personality.

Yes, that was one of my points. Until the division has a concrete plan for marketing, and benefits for the series, it is a waste, and a burden. It was such a great thing to get my 2003 division "trophy" in June/July of 2004... What an incentive. Not!

That may be the Chief stewards role, but her methods and attitude are not approriate for a voulenteer organization.

The last unrelated straw for me was at Wendover while I was working the entry gate and Kattie and Kevin came blasting through the gate without slowing or stopping for arm band check, and ignoring my direction to slow down. The egos are out of control.

Last edited by Dean; 2005-12-29 at 10:29 AM.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote