sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
[/bunched panties]

I don't want a different design. The design rocks. I want the same damn thing on another garment.

Screening the same design in the same colors on different garments should be a non issue. I think even a color change on a specific screen only requires them to "wash" it which they do anyway if they are going to reuse it.

And as I understand from my imbroidery guy any quantity of any item is no big deal with the local distributor who most everyone in the area buys from.

If my unhoodie was such a big deal, all you had to do was say so. If we can get 20 or more people who would like LS Ts I don't see what the deal is.

If Scott doesn't want his design on anything but hoodies, that is his option, but before we go putting words in the printer's mouth, lets ask him. If it is a big deal, then we won't do it, but I bet it isn't. And if he isn't making any money, I'd pay an extra buck or two. No reason to trade on Matt's relationship to this man's business detriment. It dosen't hurt to ask politely.
Actually, due to the white/light blue/ligher blue color scheme, changing the colors could be an issue because of the layering of the colors. Of course changing the garment would be less of a printing issue, except instead of it being "hey Dave I need 3 more Ls, 6 XLs, and 4 XXLs" it becomes "hey Dave, when can Matt and I come by the shop to waste our lunches and your time going over the catalogs so you can order some demo shirts for us to look at to verify the sizes so you can place an order for 15 shirts for us"?

But that's not the point. The point is, we've got a pretty successful system for designing and printing club merchandise at very affordable prices. It works because we make a good attempt at keeping things simple, especially for the printer. Multiple items is a nightmare, not just for the printer, but for those of us that have to spend hours and hours handling the orders. After the huge amount of work we put into the SRIC orders, I told myself I'd never do something that complicated again. Granted it was cool to have a selection, but for the added choices the work-load went up exponentially.

Now I really like doing the SECCS merchandise. I like doing the graphic design (even if it takes me 20 hours like the most recent 22b drawing did), I think it's great for club unity, and I enjoy wearing the final product. But I don't enjoy the whole selling and delivering side of things. If it stays simple, then I'll put up with it, but if it gets complicated, it's not worth my time. It's not like we're making any money on these things... we do this solely for the members of the club.

Now I don't mind input on the design, that's why I start a thread and ask for people's opinions, and why I attempt to cater to the majority. But once the ball's rolling, once the design is finalized, I gotta draw the line and say "that's it". So when it's time for next year's design, I'll be happy to once again take everyone's input and try to come up with something that the people in the club will be happy with. But for this order, frankly it's done. The only reason I'm even contemplating a second run is because this years order window was pretty narrow and I know some people that normally order a hoodie missed out. I'm interested in taking care of the people that we let down, I'm not interested in trying to offer more stuff to everyone. SECCS isn't a clothing manufacturer, we're not going to be able to please everyone's taste in clothing. I'm sorry if you feel like I'm intentionally ignoring your requests, but for the record you're the only person that wanted something different (and we still tried to accomidate you, I don't know where the hoodless sweater went, it did get ordered) and everyone else seems to be pretty happy with their order.