View Single Post
Old 2006-01-21, 12:03 AM   #1
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.
Default CR reviews Impreza... Hate at will.

If just so happens that the Feb. issue of Consumer Reports rates small Sedans, including the Impreza....

Let the CR hating begin... You mamma's so ugly, she got a black circle in Consumer Reports...

Intro paragraph:
Quote:
The Impreza was freshened for 2006, with more horsepower, and a revised exterior. The sporty WRX got a biger engine, but handling became less forgiving at the limits. The Impreza is an agile, confortable-riding sedan that features standard AWD. However, the weight of the AWD system takes a toll on acceleration and fuel economy. The interior is cramped, particularly in the rear seat. The fixed rear seatbacks do not fold. interior materials are unimpressive. Reliability has been excelent.
Other interesting notes:
Quote:
The four-cylinder boxer engine makes a distinct, but not unpleasant sound... The Impreza is one of the most agile sedans we've tested. Body lean is restrained, and steering is responsive with good feedback. Emergency handling was not as forgiving as in the others in this group. The tail tended to slide out, limiting speed, and confidence in avoidance maneuvers. This tendency is more pronounced in the WRX...
I read this as they took some understeer out, but average drivers will not like it as much.

Quote:
Ratings: (WRX TR / 2.5i)

Performance:
Acceleration: Excellent / Good
0-60: 6.0 / 10.3
45-65: 4.3 / 6.3
1/4 mi.: 14.7 / 18.0
Transmission: Very Good
Routine Handling: Excellent
Emergency Handling: Good
Avoid. maneuver max speed: 53.5 / 52.0
Braking: Very good
60-0 dry-wet: 136 / 134 - 146 / 149
Headlights: Good

Comfort & Convenience:
Ride: Good/Very Good
Noise: Good
Driving Position: Very Good
Front-Seat Comfort: Very Good
Back-Seat Comfort: Fair
Access: Good
Controls and Dispays: Very Good
Interior Fit and Finish: Good
Trunk: Fair
Predicted reliability: Very Good / Excellent
I got no real problems with their assesments. Let the bashing begin, or just ignore this thread.

Last edited by Dean; 2006-01-21 at 12:11 AM.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote