View Single Post
Old 2006-07-10, 12:52 PM   #8
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

I use the StopTech ClubSpec pads for the track. Rumor is, they're rebranded Porterfield R4s. (Shhhh!) I'm *very* happy w/ them at the track, but they are simply too harsh for the street (they do a pretty good job of polishing your rotors clean if you use them cold for a while), and they don't have enough bite for autocross (I find they're just starting to feel right as you're finishing up a run).

I use Axxis Ultimates for street/autocross. They're messy as hell though, which sorta sucks for daily driven cars. But they've got good cold bite, and seem to work pretty well at autocross. However, don't take 'em to the track... they will overheat and turn into bricks.

If you can't stand the corrosive dust from the Ultimates, I'd agree w/ Kevin's recommendation of the Axxis Metal Masters. That's what I use on the SVX, and they're great street pads. Not sure about autocrossing 'em though.

Also, I hear good things about the R4-S's on the street/autocross... and I imagine they're pretty compatible with the R4's if you're going to be swapping pads a lot between track and street. But I haven't used the R4-S's myself, so I've got no 1st hand advice on 'em.