View Single Post
Old 2011-08-11, 01:49 PM   #4
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

we are also seeing some really horrible autox turn out numbers this year, compared to 3 years ago so I'm thinking its just Bad economy bogging things down, and not entirely people saying "autocross has no interest for me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
And just because rally-x won't "ruin" your car doesn't mean it leaves it untouched. I've seen your STi... it's hammered!
Yes it is hammered, a very accurate statement, but most of my STI cosmetic damage is actually from Winters in Tahoe , passing SUVs and trucks that are throwing out a spray of slush, gravel and salt, driving super slow, but they slam on the gas as soon as you go to pass them (throwing out even more spray) And also largely due to driving narrow dirt roads where branches and bushes are pressing against my car, as I'm pressing against the gas.

i have rock chips in my windshield from a small filming / stunt thing with a friend when we were doing doughnuts around each other. (closed off private property)

I also crashed my STI into a wall deploying the air bags, and I've jumped it at 100 mph landed on an embedded rock, breaking 2 rims

my concern would be someone reads your comments about "you only have to look at Alex's STI to see what it does to your car" And my uphill battle has just been made a little bit steeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
When the track program started up, we really had to twist arms to get autocrossers out there, and even today there are very few people that do both...
Exactly, I'm just trying to do for Rally cross what you and others did for our track program. Twist a few arms and get people exposed to it. Once a few more of our members come out and actually drive, they can make up their own minds about enjoyment, cost, paint chips, standing around time and decide for themselves if its "their kind of bag baby" !

the only difference is i doubt you had other seccs members posting about why people should avoid the track, in your threads about "please come out to the track"

And yes rally cross can do a bit of paint damage(my car is not a good example, its been abused outside of rally cross A LOT), but blue painters tape around your wheel wells and bottom 2" of your doors will eliminate almost all of the damage. also those strips of magnetic material work awesome to put on the bottoms of your doors.

when you catch me flat out lying about rally cross, post up and call me out. if my post is factual, you could just leave it alone , you're not really helping anyone.

When's the last time i posted anything negative in a track thread you've started

yet you've never left my threads alone... I don't think you hate rally/rally cross. but i do honestly think you are bitter that you and Matt R tried to start a program, and couldn't, and now you have sour grapes, making it impossible for you to resist posting something negative... guess i should feel bad for you

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote