Thread: F1 Season 2013!
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-04, 12:56 PM   #5
Double_Rs
EJ18

Car: 2007 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
I think Hamilton made a terrible, terrible mistake leaving McLaren.

The upside is that I'm super excited to see what Perez can do with a top-caliber car under him. I think Mexico might have a championship contender to root for, which in a way makes him also the closest thing to a US driver, as Austin will be his "home" track.

Of course, if the Ferrari this season doesn't suck like it did at the start of last season, I think Alonso will run away with the driver's championship this year. And though I've been a long time Alonso hater... I'm actually kinda rooting for him this season. He's clearly the most talented driver in the field... it would be just sorta "right" for the best driver driving a Ferrari to win again.

Anything's better than a Vettel 4-peat. I love Vettel, and we're not quite down the road of domination that the Schumacher era went down... but I'm ready for a new world champ.
I agree, Alonso was very successful last season, despite the cons of his car. I think he will be a major contendor for Vettel. If you watch BBC's TOP GEAR, season 19 episode 4 I think, Hamilton went on the show again, and during the interview he explained the switch to Mercedes. He pretty much wants to bring his experience and talent to a team that can use it more than McLaren. I honestly think he was just fed up with all of the mistakes the team made during last season, which arguably is the one reason he lost important points in some races.
Double_Rs is offline   Reply With Quote