Thread: F1 Season 2013!
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-05, 12:46 AM   #7
Double_Rs
EJ18

Car: 2007 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
I've heard Hamilton's reasons for leaving. I might even agree with him a bit on the idea of wanting a new challenge. But he does come off as a bit disingenuous about the whole thing... if he had just won 3 driver's championships in a row, I might believe the whole "new challenge" thing a bit more. The reality is that he seems like he's not happy with the team, and instead of working at improving the relationship there like a pro, he's just jumping ship.

My bet is that once he's in an uncompetitive car, and realizes that the reason Mercedes isn't improving isn't for a lack of a driver developing the chassis (they had fucking Schumacher for christsake!), it's because the engineering talent and budget at Mercedes doesn't match Red Bull, McLaren, or Ferrari, Hamilton is going to be kicking himself. If he thinks he's frustrated now with McLaren over personnel issues, just wait until his car is slower than everyone else and no amount of bad-ass driving is going to drop his lap times. I think that Hamilton's biggest weakness is his ability to communicate with the team when he's frustrated, and that's basically *the only thing* that a driver who's developing a chassis is required to do.

I fully expect to see Hamilton have a meltdown at some point in the season due to frustration over lack of pace in the car. Like throwing it off the track at trying to get into Q3 and then getting out and spiking the steering wheel on the tarmac before wandering off to go hang out with Kimi on Kimi's boat.
I guess we'll have to wait and see lol
11 days till lights out!!
Double_Rs is offline   Reply With Quote